Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Looks intresting. I hate GC, there morons over there and Konis are overrated. Though I currently have both

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:
Definately strictly a race coilover set. Not really designed for street use. Great if you have you're contour setup strictly for racing, bad idea if you drive your car on the streets alot. Looks a lot like Tein setups. Except for the color of course. And who cares what color, not like it'll really be seen.

Robert

why would these be race only?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
What is interesting is that the KW coilover kit for the mondeo has actually been modified for the Contour by KW.
I talked with an engineer at KW last fall and he said the main reason the coilover kit worked for the Mondeo and not the Contour was the the diameter of the strut and where it connected on the knuckle. He said they machined a set down so that they would slide into the contour knuckles but they have not yet started production on this, perhaps because the demand is too low.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:
Definately strictly a race coilover set. Not really designed for street use. Great if you have you're contour setup strictly for racing, bad idea if you drive your car on the streets alot. Looks a lot like Tein setups. Except for the color of course. And who cares what color, not like it'll really be seen.

Robert

why would these be race only?

In my opinion, any coilover that uses linear springs should be used solely for racing and or weekend driving but would be highly impracticle and uncomfortable for daily. Now granted, my car contradicts that, but I did not set up the suspension. I probably would of done the suspension a little different. But I currently don't have the money, nor that much of a desire to revamp my suspension set up. The D2 coilovers have an option for what rate spring you want. If they offer it with a helper spring, then it would be much ideal. Linear spring rates are not comfortable, ask X, he just changed his suspension because they were so uncomfortable and wanted a smoother ride. I'd love to put a Koni Sport kit on my car, but don't have the funds available due to other, larger and more vital, investments.

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
true that linear springs arent as comfortable as progressive springs but thats a far cry from race only. i find my gc springs (eibach ers springs) a little uncomfortable only cuz their spring rate might be a tad too high for street use. thats why i asked if d2 offers different spring rates, would the ones i pointed out be a bit more comfortable for street use.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by BlackSleeper:
What is interesting is that the KW coilover kit for the mondeo has actually been modified for the Contour by KW.
I talked with an engineer at KW last fall and he said the main reason the coilover kit worked for the Mondeo and not the Contour was the the diameter of the strut and where it connected on the knuckle. He said they machined a set down so that they would slide into the contour knuckles but they have not yet started production on this, perhaps because the demand is too low.

but someone just posted that they ordered and installed the kw mondeo kit for their tour (still waiting for pics to prove it though). if the kw and this d2 kit fit differently, why havent the euro bilsteins via bat and the st200 struts guys on here use not had any issues with fitment or strut width.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Any new word on this?

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
dont think anyone has ordered a set yet.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hmm, I'm always up for trying things when I can. Hey Stazi, would you be interested in installing this if you see this post and I buy it?

Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
supposedly someone recently installed the kw setup out but no pics posted yet. would be nice to compare to this d2 setup

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard