Print Thread
#1326847 07/05/05 10:20 PM
W
weebs Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Had my air conditioning coolant topped up at the dealership to blow some cool air. Unfortunately I still have warm air. the dealership said it is an electrical problem. So I said i would check a few things myself before paying for diagnostic charges. Anyone have any ideas.? The system is pressurized with no leaks but no cool air. Thanks

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Check your owner's manual for fuses related to a/c and check them. If you are facing the car, there is a canister to the right of the radiator, and a wire plus in there, and there is a switch under the coolant tank on the passenger side fender, see if those are connected. If you put it into Defrost mode does the a/c compressor come on? If so the swich in the dash could be bad. Many possibilities.

W
weebs Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
thanks for the response. If anyone knows any other problems that they have had, please let me know.

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I remember reading that if you have to have your A/C topped off, then there IS a problem. Because an A/C with no leaks or problems never loses gas. So something is inherently wrong the minute you have to have a recharge done.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
while theorhetically true (and it IS!!!)

most any and all systems will leak slowly (SLOWLY) due to inherent flaws in the design.

Rubber leaks under pressure, and under temperature changes, etc.

the more rubber hosing in a system, the more it will leak. etc.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard