Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Since my last post got locked I am going to have to post this again. Mods pleasedont lock this one. I think I will get beter responce in this section.

I having a weird priblem in my 95 'tour V6 atx. The overdrive switched on and off while driving. I thought it was bad switch so I disconected it. Took it for a test drive and It was working good then 10 min into the test drive it did it again. anyone have any ideas what it causing this? Also my coolent light is on in the dash.. It did this b4 so I added coolent pass the max line it always fixed this problem but now I cant get it to go off. does Could my switch have gone bad. By the way the the car has 93000 miles on it and I have been the owner since new. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Pete

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
OD light turning on and off is the tranny's equivalent of the Check Engine light. It means the computer sees a problem and wants service.

. . . Two zetec Contours, two blown head gaskets... for some reason I have a Japanese car now. anybody in California want a Diehard Gold 100 month battery? inquire by PM.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SuperTourN:
Since my last post got locked I am going to have to post this again. Mods pleasedont lock this one. I think I will get beter responce in this section.

I having a weird priblem in my 95 'tour V6 atx. The overdrive switched on and off while driving. I thought it was bad switch so I disconected it. Took it for a test drive and It was working good then 10 min into the test drive it did it again. anyone have any ideas what it causing this? Also my coolent light is on in the dash.. It did this b4 so I added coolent pass the max line it always fixed this problem but now I cant get it to go off. does Could my switch have gone bad. By the way the the car has 93000 miles on it and I have been the owner since new. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Pete

OD Flashing off is an indicator for a malfunction in the Transaxle.

Coolant light can be one of 4 things...

Low Coolant
WEAK Coolant
Corrosion build up on sensor terminals (exposed to coolant)
Bad coolant sensor

The Coolant level sensor also measures the specific gravity of the coolant.
If you coolant is old or weak, it will also make the light come on.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard