Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I havent taken mine all the way up in a long time. Ive got a bad connecting rod and every time I get the revs up Im afraid Im going to shoot the rod through the block.

Someone sell me a 2.5 with low miles. PLEASE

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
at 95% of stoplights. and my car has 166,000 miles and has not been in the shop once =)

165,000 miles and still running strong! '99 Contour SE [ Duratec V6 - Minor Mods ] '01 Hyundai Elantra '03 Volkswagen Jetta
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
About everytime i drive it she gets some love, not always up to red, but i like to make sure all the passage ways are cleared out.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I floor mine a lot, since it's a Zetec.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
well considering my right fooot is made of lead ifloor it almost all the time besides for when a pig is following me

2000 contour V6 ATX BAT suspension kit, k&n filter, SVT TB, SVT UIM, SVT LIM, MSDS headers, MSDS Y-pipe, SVT dual exhaust, Custum burned ADC chip, 7000k HID's, 200 amp HO alt, custom gauges, and 17" rims
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Ray:
Originally posted by Beachboy:
For me? Its NEVER been floored or taken over 3000 RPM. Don't believe in abusing machinery.

While I can commend you for the absolute change in driving habit it would take to drive in your manner at ALL times, I would have to state that I see "abuse" differently than you, I guess.

I can't imagine the gunk built up on your secondaries (never been opened, you say), the wear your car WOULD see IF you ever took her that high, now (never been broken in, old materials now would wear something fierce!!), or the mileage reduction you "should" be getting from LACK of use. Considering the powerband of this engine, I would think that you'd be doing ALOT more harm than good driving it beneath the major portion of the powerband at all times. (not saying that you are killing your car.. that wasn't a fixed point of reference, more relative, actually.)

Yeah, Ray you got a point. I had this on my old car, the original owners (who we bought it from) did not get on this car at all, I could tell because when my sister had it before me she would baby it and it'd run like crap, my dad told her not to baby the car so much she did a lot but got on it once in a while. When I got it that car DID NOT get babied (well it did when I first learned to drive) then it started opening up better but not like it should have, I even ran STP fuel injector cleaner thru it and it ran better after a few times. Blew out carbon from the exhaust like mad.

DO NOT [Repeat] DO NOT ALWAYS BABY YOUR CAR!

I've had my Stique for almost 3 years now, and it hardly ever gets babbied, and it runs great.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I don't. Well I didn't with my automatic 2L contour. Had i have floored it, i would be dead right now from where the wreck happened. On the svt, I will open it to maybe 4500 some days but most days it stays under 4k. Maybe once a week it see's 6k.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by mystique97:
Originally posted by Ray:
Originally posted by Beachboy:
For me? Its NEVER been floored or taken over 3000 RPM. Don't believe in abusing machinery.

While I can commend you for the absolute change in driving habit it would take to drive in your manner at ALL times, I would have to state that I see "abuse" differently than you, I guess.

I can't imagine the gunk built up on your secondaries (never been opened, you say), the wear your car WOULD see IF you ever took her that high, now (never been broken in, old materials now would wear something fierce!!), or the mileage reduction you "should" be getting from LACK of use. Considering the powerband of this engine, I would think that you'd be doing ALOT more harm than good driving it beneath the major portion of the powerband at all times. (not saying that you are killing your car.. that wasn't a fixed point of reference, more relative, actually.)

Yeah, Ray you got a point. I had this on my old car, the original owners (who we bought it from) did not get on this car at all, I could tell because when my sister had it before me she would baby it and it'd run like crap, my dad told her not to baby the car so much she did a lot but got on it once in a while. When I got it that car DID NOT get babied (well it did when I first learned to drive) then it started opening up better but not like it should have, I even ran STP fuel injector cleaner thru it and it ran better after a few times. Blew out carbon from the exhaust like mad.

DO NOT [Repeat] DO NOT ALWAYS BABY YOUR CAR!

I've had my Stique for almost 3 years now, and it hardly ever gets babbied, and it runs great.

Cars are generally designed to be run within their limits. Bone stock there is very little you can do to damage it by pushing it hard.
Trannies ... now that's a different story, but if you do it RIGHT then you should be okay.

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
K
K
I floor the gas every time I get it the car. The only time the pedal stays off the floor is if theres a cop around. All the cars I drive are still alive so I guess it doesn't hurt it too much.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Red92784:
I havent taken mine all the way up in a long time. Ive got a bad connecting rod and every time I get the revs up Im afraid Im going to shoot the rod through the block.

Someone sell me a 2.5 with low miles. PLEASE

I got a SVT block with 39k if ya want it

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard