Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Suprised nobody has posted this yet...

Anyway, I am saddened by this becuase she will not be replaced by a jurist as independent, thoughtful, and moderate in her rulings.

I wanted her to become Chief Justice.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
Anyway, I am saddened by this becuase she will not be replaced by a jurist as independent, thoughtful, and moderate in her rulings.

Hopefully she will be replaced by someone who can actually interpret the Constitution, unlike most of the people up there now. One thing is for sure, this is going to be a hell of a political/social battle! 'Suit up and strap up'.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Do you believe she could or couldn't? I agree with you that most cannot.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
She has struggled to in the past. Her dissent on the eminent domain case was pointed, but she is not without error. Not exactly a shining star, in my book.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Davo:
'Suit up and strap up'.

<< (Whips out guns & 'Pro Life' bumper stickers.)

By the way, before y'all go bashing, my statement is not one of personal beliefs, it is an acknowledgement that the debates will soon turn to the issues indicated - whomever the nominee may be. Likely before a nominee is even named...

The combination also points out a vexing paradox.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
She has struggled to in the past. Her dissent on the eminent domain case was pointed, but she is not without error. Not exactly a shining star, in my book.

I can always see her interpretation of the Constitution, even if I don't always agree with it. Therefore, I believe she is very good at interpreting it.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I want to see Janice Rogers Brown nominated. The Senate just confirmed her, there can't be anything that she recently did that could possibly make her un-confirmable for SCOTUS, right?

...this is going to be interesting.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I want to see Janice Rogers Brown nominated. The Senate just confirmed her, there can't be anything that she recently did that could possibly make her un-confirmable for SCOTUS, right?

...this is going to be interesting.

I actually expect a different nominee initially, then the administration will bring her onto the floor for confirmation. It will be interesting to watch the struggle.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Link Copied to Clipboard