Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I love it, but if it's anything like the previous generation Legacy then it'll feel a bit too cramped inside for me. (My mom has an '02 Legacy - needs a sunroof more than my car does!)

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
FWIW if you want a GT Wagon with a MT, get one now... it's out of production for '06.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
Slimy u no searching foo!

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=interests&Number=830233&Forum=interests&Words=lEGACY%20gt&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=99&Old=allposts&Main=828999&Search=true#Post830233

You know after I posted I said hmmmm should i search for it I said nahhhh if there are any previous topics i'm sure My boy out in MI will hook me up he always does

I still have a year left on the Jeep so maybe the STI model might find its way over here in a year

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition Blue Steel 99 Tropic Green SVT (Former Owner) #151 of 710 Born on 10/07/98 Have you driven a FRAUD lately?
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Mine has been awesome. I have about 4000 miles on it and its been great. Look for some 05 left overs since the 06 is coming out this month. No major difference between 05 and 06.. just Nav option. There is also going to be a Spec B package. Red leather, some different wheels and slight aero kit. Stock it has great power and for $650 bucks you can get Access port which allows you to reflash your ECU. Stage 1 (no upgrades, just reflash) takes you to 290hp and breaks you into the 13's. You can reset it back to stock at anytime. Make sure you get a later build, the early 05's had some quarks which seemed to be worked out later in the year. Another thing to note is the the WRX is getting same motor (instead of the 2.0 turbo) starting in 06. That means even more performance mods and cheaper parts. The suspension is a little soft but that can easily be fixed. It also does very well in crash tests. PM me if you have any questions.

05 Legacy GT Turbo 5speed 99 SVT GRN/TAN (sold) 06 Ford Explorer EBv8
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Thanks neelnug, I will keep you in mind.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition Blue Steel 99 Tropic Green SVT (Former Owner) #151 of 710 Born on 10/07/98 Have you driven a FRAUD lately?
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
The GT would be high on my list as a replacement for the CSVT but without a fold down rear seat I won't even consider it. That comes in way too handy. So, I'm back to the WRX wagon, which was and is my first choice anyways.

2002 Nissan Maxima SE Former 2000 SVT Contour owner
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by neelnug:
Make sure you get a later build, the early 05's had some quarks which seemed to be worked out later in the year.

Like what kind of quirks? And how can you tell if it is a later model? VIN #?

What kind of gas mileage are you getting, and in what kind of driving?

Thanks,

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Some of the quarks are:
bad clutch smell when new (usually wares off after 5000 miles).
Non linear acceleration (boost spikes, bad ECU programming?)
Interior rattles (dash area)
Sticky clutch
You can determine build date by VIN I believe.

From what owners are saying it seems like most of these problems don't exist in the later build dates. Also I'm hoping that the 06 will have all of these problems solved.

My clutch smell went away at about 3000 miles. Mine has been perfect. The trip computer says I am getting 21 mpg mixed... I'm pretty heavy footed. The lowest it has read was 17.5 mpg (idiot driving). Its also been said that with the stage 1 map you get a little better mileage. They also released a map for fuel economy. (you can switch the maps with the Cobb AP)
Because of the seats not folding I was thinking about the wagon but my wife said a 23 yr old should not have a wagon. Since we have another car and access to larger vehicles the folding seats were not that important. The wagon does have a great sunroof.

Check out www.legacygt.com
It has a similar feel to contour.org. The people are friendly.... just remember to search first. Its much better than the clubrsx crap I was visiting before.

05 Legacy GT Turbo 5speed 99 SVT GRN/TAN (sold) 06 Ford Explorer EBv8
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard