Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Did a search on this but couldn't find a possible solution.

Recently I have been getting a droning, high pitched noise when I press on the accellerator. It doesn't matter what setting the heat etc is on, it happens even with it turned off. The car also idles at 2500-3000 for a few seconds immediately after starting it. If happens specifically between around 2000 and 3000 rmp and is most noticable under normal accelleration. I had a CEL two weeks ago, but it went away. I ran a code pull with my OBD scanner and it came up fine. I am also noticing a slight loss of power since this problem came up. My car has the ford 'bagpipe' moose fix...should I install the copper cap fix?, and can this be done in conjunction with the ford fix? (doesn't look like there is enough room to shove the cap in there).

Where should I be looking first?

Thanks!

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Do you think you blew an engine mount? When my right (one next to tthe firewall) cratered it transmitted all sorts of weird sounds into the floorboards.

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I don't think so...I had a look at them the other day and they looked fine. It seems to be more of an air/fuel issue like a vacume leak or something. I replaced the pvc valve and inspecked all hoses etc...but found nothing.
I was thinking also it could be bad gas??? Perhaps all the humidity lately has contributed to a vacume problem somewhere in the fuel system.

My plan is to clean the throttle body, recheck all hoses etc, check vacume on the egr, inspect the carbon solonoid/canister and then go from there.

I really don't want to take it to the dealer as I know they will just play a guessing game replacing things, especially when there is no CEL presently.

anyone else with any other ideas?...

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
after more reading I have decided that the possibly culprit could be the IAC valve assembly. Is it worth to test or should I just replace it and hope it fixes the problem?
Also, are they an expensive part?

S
S
i think i know exactly what u are talking about. my 98 does somethin similar.
after starting the car it will make that noise. like a humming. then it goes away after u start to drive.
not sure what it is. and was told that it is normal. not sure what normal is anymore on that thing. lol.
layta

S
S
http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=15

just found that.. sounds like what mine is doing..
layta

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard