Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
...but doesn't,

"Magnaflow - most popular, most recommended (4" round straight through muffler")

mean that this resonator should work on an SVT Exhaust pretty easily?!

Well I have a 4x4x18" Magnaflow resonator (#10425) sitting in the wrong place right now....NOT ON MY CAR! Anyways, I was talking to the mechanic at a muffler shop and he claims its not wise to put on the round resonator when the stock resonator is an offset/offset muffler. Claims that it will stress the exhaust too much and cause a rattling sound. Someone care to enlighten me if he is right or not? I was hoping to have this installed today, but by the way this day was going, this was the final kick to the gonads. BTW, installation would've only been $20. That's a pretty sweet price if you ask me. Thanks.

Silver 1998 Contour SE Sport K&N Intake, Magnaflow Res.,SVT Body Kit(soon) Koni Sport Kit
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Yes it does make the exhaust tense up because our resinator is not perfectly straight or atleast mine wasn't. But it was no problem and mine doesn't rattle.

It honestly boils down to the welder.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
borken?

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
WRONG!!!!!!

Okay let me go back and read your post...

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by maverik:
...but doesn't,

"Magnaflow - most popular, most recommended (4" round straight through muffler")

mean that this resonator should work on an SVT Exhaust pretty easily?!

Well I have a 4x4x18" Magnaflow resonator (#10425) sitting in the wrong place right now....NOT ON MY CAR! Anyways, I was talking to the mechanic at a muffler shop and he claims its not wise to put on the round resonator when the stock resonator is an offset/offset muffler. Claims that it will stress the exhaust too much and cause a rattling sound. Someone care to enlighten me if he is right or not? I was hoping to have this installed today, but by the way this day was going, this was the final kick to the gonads. BTW, installation would've only been $20. That's a pretty sweet price if you ask me. Thanks.

What a total bunch of ridiculous horse-sh!t.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
So basically what you are saying is that its not true? That it won't put stress on the exhaust and everything will be fine?

Silver 1998 Contour SE Sport K&N Intake, Magnaflow Res.,SVT Body Kit(soon) Koni Sport Kit
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Acutally guys mine was tensed up from the weld job the exhaust guy did.

I had it rewelded from a ford mechanic after he saw it when he was doing my trans!!

Last edited by Mkingracing; 06/24/05 10:08 PM.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Marky:
borken?

I've said it too.. seems to be a perpetual question.. one that the intended recipient doesn't realize is ABOUT HIM. I just leave it that way, instead of pointing out the actual person.. its funnier that way.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Does anyone else with a round magnaflow res. care to chime in and give me your thoughts on the matter?

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Ray:
Originally posted by Marky:
borken?

I've said it too.. seems to be a perpetual question.. one that the intended recipient doesn't realize is ABOUT HIM. I just leave it that way, instead of pointing out the actual person.. its funnier that way.

Ray

Understood.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard