Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Just last night I replaced my lows with the SS 9005's and am very happy with them. Anyway, after doing this I figured it was about time I replaced a few burnt out dash lights.

I've got the dash apart and am looking to replace the speedo needle light as well as the lights for the temperature guage. I just want to make sure I do this right before I mess something up... (I found a thread where some guy's guages went wacky because he didn't disconnect the battery before replacing the bulbs)

I did do a fairly extensive search before deciding to post this - but the How-to link I found for replacing the instrument panel bulbs was down. Thanks in advance!

'96 Contour GL T-Red Finally with pictures! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059584
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I got tired of replacing the lamps and installed LEDs. They aren't as bright but they look cool. I removed the panel twice with the battery hooked up. Never heard of the glitch you mentioned.

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Well I've got access to the back of the cluster where I assume the plastic knobs hold the lights...do those twist, pull, wiggle, etc. for removal? I've tried each way but it feels that if I apply any more force I'll just shatter the little thing.

'96 Contour GL T-Red Finally with pictures! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059584
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
On my 2000, they just unscrew (quarter turn). I would assume yours would be the same.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
On my 2000, they just unscrew (quarter turn). I would assume yours would be the same.

same here but on a 95 and a 99

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard