Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
arg ok maybe not die but so many things just went at once it seems like it.

First AC went out, need 3 new hoses...and lets just say the cost is a bit high..in the 7-900 range I was told.So first question anyone know a place to get cheap AC parts and hoses for a 1998 2.0 Contour? just to make it nice my car is jet black so it heats up like crazy:(

next this may be 1 or 2 things not sure..I got my car broke into a few weeks ago so I had a alarm put in. since that time my car has at random just lost power while driving.. Brake light, battery light all that light up red and I lose power..I restart its fine...I had Circute City look at it, the guy said it was possible that the guy did have a issue with how the guy before had wired something..he fixed it and put in a new Brain just to make sure it was not damaged and killing the car. ( normaly the car should not be kiled while driving evne if the alarm is triped..it will wait until you turn it off and then not let you restart it) Drove in for a few days, worked great...made a long trip worked fine...on the way back my Check Engine Light came on...I Drove for some 80 more miles home and had no issues driving outside of the light being on...then it kille again the same way...

So I had the light checked and it said Fuel Air Mix..so the O2 sensor...but here is the chestion...is it possible that
1. the O2 Sensor would be able to be screwed up and kill the power as well to the car?

2. Is it possible the problem is with the computer due to whatever the Alarm did if its even the alarm? i had that with my Grand Am, the Computer said the Fuel Enjectors are out but it was the computer itself that was out.

3.Or is it just that they happen to all be at the same time, and not related?

To make it real nice my Exaust needs work as well, but its not to loud so I am going to let it go while I get the rest of this fixed first...

Sad thing was my car was in great shape until a few weeks ago...arg

Thanks for any help.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
For a/c parts go to a wreckers. www.car-parts.com

Usually when all those lights come on it can mean you alternator is dying.

You got your CEL code read, do you know what the code was?
If so post it.
It could just be the type of fuel you put in it.
You could just reset the ECU and see if it comes back.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard