Next Thread
Print Thread
#1315471 06/23/05 02:59 PM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I have a 98CSVT, just had the clutch replaced about 2 months. Car has always shifted with ease, no issues. Lately though moreso when its warm sometimes it doesnt want to go into gear, other days it totally like a new tranny. I notice it only on upshifts, downshifts are always smooth or when Im parked and trying to get it into gear its like someone welded the shifter in place and it doesnt want to go in. Ford doesnt seem to know what it is, and Im tired of paying $ for them to tell its normal cause its a 98 tranny.

Borla exhaust, Custom intake, KVR Cross drilled rotors, Mil Eliminators, Diablo chip, OMP Strut bar, Urethane motor mount insert, Full rear urethane suspension inserts.
#1315472 06/24/05 01:36 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Im having the same problem, and Terry told me to try bleeding the clutch first. I am gonna try this tomorrow so I will post up the results. He told me in all of the MTX-75's he has done he has never seen a bent shiftfork?
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
#1315473 06/24/05 02:10 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
How the hell do you bleed the clutch ???

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
#1315474 06/24/05 06:46 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
You bleed the clutch slave cylinder just like you would brakes. You will need also someone to help you.

Right where the line goes into the tranny there is a little valve/plug that you loosen to open. Put a little tube on it so that you can direct where you want the fluid to go. Then (with the valve closed) have someone pump the clutch pedal a couple times then hold it down.

While they are holding the pedal down crack the valve open and let some air/fluid come out, then close the valve. Repeat this process untill no air comes out.

Make sure to watch the fluid level, so that you do not pump more air into the system. The clutch fluid uses the same resevior as the brake fluid.

1998 Contour SVT Black w/ Blue interior Torsen LSD updated shiftforks Lightened Flywheel, HD Drivelines Optimized Thottle Body 2003 3.0L engine upgrade (Soon to be)
#1315475 06/24/05 11:42 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
#1315476 06/26/05 10:48 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tropictour:
Im having the same problem, and Terry told me to try bleeding the clutch first. I am gonna try this tomorrow so I will post up the results. He told me in all of the MTX-75's he has done he has never seen a bent shiftfork?
-tropictour

I tried bleeding the clutch but couldnt turn the bleeder valve. I didnt have the correct wrench so I didnt want to strip it trying a pair of pliers. So I guess I will go pick up a wrench tomorrow. Anyone know what size it is? It looks ike a 6mm or 7mm. Something really small. Thanks.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
#1315477 06/29/05 01:13 AM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Well heres what I found out today...

I pulled apart my center console, and I always thought I had the rod shifter style linkage because thats all I could ever see when I pulled the boot up on the shifter. Today I noticed there is 2 cables and what appears to be adjusters connected to rods coming off the shifter assembly and a bunch of broken orange ring pieces lying all around.
Apparently these rings are the locking rings for the shifter adjustment and since mine are no longer there that might explain my shifting issues.

My question is this, does anyone know if you can just get these locking rings separately, and is there a part#? Ford could not seem to find any info on this, and on the shift linkage kit it does not even mention them.

My other question is, does anyone know how to adjust this once they are in, I have read the Ford one but its so vague I dare not attempt it.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Borla exhaust, Custom intake, KVR Cross drilled rotors, Mil Eliminators, Diablo chip, OMP Strut bar, Urethane motor mount insert, Full rear urethane suspension inserts.
#1315478 06/29/05 03:41 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I looked on my Mitchell on Demand CD and it stated there was no adjustment.

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard