Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I wish the Echo had the Celica drivetrain!! The 108hp engine is good fun to tool around town. In the lightweight Echo it makes the car quicker than Civics and such overall, but it's major advantage is fuel economy.

The car is under warranty right now so there's no engine mods on it save for an intake and exhaust. The suspension is Tein Type HA coilovers with stress bars, sway bars, underbody frame braces and all. The car has braided SS brake lines, short shifter, and lots of aesthetic mods like the CF hood and front lip, JDM badging, HID headlamps, window tints, etc.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Stazi:
Man that's one sick looking Euro Mk3. D'oh, you sold it??? Aye carumba!

What you rolling on now?

Thanks, it was real nice, yes...

I'm on foot for now.
It's okay, it's a 15 minute walk to work, I don't need a car other than for a hobby.
I've sold the MK3 to free up funds for my wedding.
I have a 1891 Toyota Starlet that has an engine and drivetrain swap that I'm working on, but it's not road legal yet.
I see a 2002+ Audi A4 Avant in my near future, possibly by 2006. I need some room to haul stuff since I'll be building a cottage in the next few years.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Wow, why is it always the little stupid factory fugly cars that can look cooler than ANYTHING on the road. Like the scion xA/xB, etc. Awesome car man, bet it handles like an R/C Car. .

Friend of mine has an xA with factory Enkei wheels (nicelt equiped) and I took it fo ra spin and man, I dunno if it is just becuase of the way its designed (similar to your toyota [well, scion is a toyota ...so]) but you can take that thing and pitch it into the tightest corners all day log and run circles around anything else "sport tuned." Jealous.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Pascal,

Good to see you're still alive and kicking man! Never thought I'd see a sexy Echo, but good job on it. Congrats on getting married soon.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by HoeSaleStrypes:
Awesome car man, bet it handles like an R/C Car. .

Does so!

The Scion xA and xB are Toyota NCP platforms, and their underbody is the exact same as an Echo. So is their drivetrain, engine, and all mechanical components. Those cars are all Vitz in disguise anyways. Very fun to drive, yes.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Good to see you're around.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I had NO idea an echo could look that BAD ASS. I love toyota... and I love their engines (especially that VVT-i) one. Congrats on your purchase, that car will last you forever, and be fun as hell to drive... Now you have me wanting one.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:
I had NO idea an echo could look that BAD ASS. I love toyota... and I love their engines (especially that VVT-i) one. Congrats on your purchase, that car will last you forever, and be fun as hell to drive... Now you have me wanting one.

well said!

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Pascal:
I have a 1891 Toyota Starlet that has an engine and drivetrain swap that I'm working on, but it's not road legal yet.

Wow! I didn't realize they made Starlets that long ago! (sorry, couldn't resist) Echo is cool! Can't wait to see the Starlet! I'm starting to really appreciate small, quirky looking cars. Looks great!

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
OMG Pascal! Good to see you're still around!

Congrats to you & Julie!

I was going to ask what you're driving now, but you ninja'd me with the answer.

How do you fit that great dane in that little car??

Gimmie your contact info man...I've been wanting to come north of the border for a while now. Do you still talk to jeff? He's disappeared off the face of the earth as well! Maybe we can have some sort of get together.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard