Print Thread
#1315205 06/23/05 08:05 AM
B
Bullet Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I was wondering what your opinions on the Autotap OBD-II scan tool are. I know everyone always points to the Alex Pepper software, but would this be the same deal? I am asking because I saw one for sale recently and seems to be a good investment. More info www.autotap.com

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
#1315206 06/23/05 04:37 PM
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
I purchased one last year. Haven't had any need to use it but wanted it in case I needed it. So far I have taken some base info. It definetely is a powerful tool. Sometimes I have trouble getting the software to start up and recognize the car properly, but eventually it always works. Depending what year of car you have, there are a lot of different sensors you can look at. Not all the sensors Ford has in their library are found on contours.

But I can drive down the road (with someone else driving of course) and watch the coolant temp, advance timing, rpm, MAF, oxygen sensors and a host of other things to see how they are working. If you are a do-it yourself kind of person the autotap definetely will pay for itself instead of taking the car to the garage.

mh

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard