Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Insane as it sounds, my Mom's looking to replace her SHO with an SUV. She was pretty much sold on an RX300, but somehow stumbled across a Vue Redline and is digging that now.

Don't know much about the car, but I stopped by the dealership and checked it out from the outside.. Looked pretty sick actually, and the interior looks great as well. 250HP, body kit, leather/suede seats, etc, and the price with the whole GM employee deal is pretty cheap.

Anyone with any experience with the car?

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
All you need to know is that it has a Honda engine and trans out of the previous generation Acura RL...

I say she goes for it. Better than your everyday, run of the mill RX300... Plus they don't build like a million of them either. VUE all the way on this one.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i'm with milan on this one...i've been in love with the redline since the day it came out....and i HATE SUVS'....alot!!! it has great looks,good sounding exhaust note,and how can you beat honda reliability....and as a gm salesperson...i can tell ya get the gms while you can...i doubt highly that gm will ever do it again..also make sure the dealer you go to is doing the gms sale...every dealership had the option to do it or not.....most people dont know that

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
While the powertrain is top notch, the rest of the vehicle is bottom drawer. The looks are heinously bad and cheap inside and out with a bargain feel well below the price ($30,000).

I'm not a fan of the RX330, either... I would look at a Nissan Murano instead.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
2006 Saturn Vue

The restyled Vue just looks Damn nice. Huge improvement. I think it has a much nicer looking interior than the Murano, and for thabout the same price as the base FWD Murano you get AWD, a bit more power, and all the options the Muranop has as standard equipment. Seems good to me.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I will say the 2006 is a VAST improvement over the previous VUE, but they reskinned the vehicle when it was due for a platform redesign (and then they wonder why the imports are getting ahead!) However, I still wouldn't call it attractive... the shapes and forms don't integrate and flow, and they need to drop the front bumper.

The black interior is a requirement, the "wood" accents are heinous. The power window switches are still in the wrong place...

Overall, it's an improved compact SUV, but GM fouled up in not giving it a total redesign from the ground up (this needs to be done every 4-6 years).

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Yech, the front end is sure overstyled. And the interior still very Saturn.

Pass.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
RX300....barf.

I would easily pick the VUE redline over it, with the GM Employee pricing now.

Not sure what your mom's budget is but she might want to also check out: Subie Outback, Volvo Cross Country, Audi Allroad (these suckers are expensive new, but comedown pretty quickly in price so a CPO is not a bad deal) or a BMW X3. Prestige BMW in north NJ advertised one in the sunday paper for 27,9xx with a few options. Granted it was a lefotver '04 with 10k on it, but not a bad price (I don't think).

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I didn't even know they were doing a VUE redline... Is this available with a manual, or slushbox only?

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
Overall, it's an improved compact SUV, but GM fouled up in not giving it a total redesign from the ground up (this needs to be done every 4-6 years).

I wish I could live in the little world inside your head where car manufacturers can afford to do this and come out with a profit. Even Toyota doesn't do things that often. The Camry has the same look to it minus a redesigned headlamp layout since 2002 and the Sequoia has only had the taillights laid over since 2000 when the thing debuted. FWIW, I don't think the Honda Civic has changed platforms since 2000 either.

Corvettes have gone sometimes decades before a thought to completely revamp them is put to motion. But we know what you think of those already.

When you describe your dream car, as I've seen you do several times by now, I completely agree with you. However, there is a difference between automakers building a car that is a current niche for the consumer and a car that is a logical choice for the consumer.

And to make this a useful post relative to the topic, the Saturn VUE Redline only comes with an automatic transmission.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard