Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
no what would make you say that. i was a combat engineer in the army and prior was a regular engineer so i did alot of construction and know how to use a hammer to build about anything you must be paranoid to start thinking violence out of nowhere

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
no what would make you say that. i was a combat engineer in the army and prior was a regular engineer so i did alot of construction and know how to use a hammer to build about anything you must be paranoid to start thinking violence out of nowhere

This thread officially SUX!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by HypIllAuto:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period

Are you running a wideband to make sure the tune speaks for itself?

The average A/F on any car I tune is at 14.2 at cruise, and at WOT it wavers between 12.1-12.5.
I DO have 2 different AF meters, an LM-1 and an AFM-1. Any more questions?

12.1 on a n/a car? 14.1 would be better for a n/a wouldnt it? Wayne is there something about the Duratec engine that likes that af ratio.

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
agreed

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Actually on an N/A Duratech 13:1 tends to show the best gains at WOT.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:
Actually on an N/A Duratech 13:1 tends to show the best gains at WOT.

Hmmm, I am curious as to what mine will be when i get the Xcal 2. Like i said earlier i'll try to get to the dyno as soon as mine arrives!

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by racerbox77:

12.1 on a n/a car? 14.1 would be better for a n/a wouldnt it? Wayne is there something about the Duratec engine that likes that af ratio.

At WOT, with the vehicle under full load, the target AF ratio for any NA car is around 12.5, blown/nitrous/turbo cars are safe in the 11.0 range.

Now Demon tells me that is too rich for the Duratecs, but, my tunes are making good safe power. I am basing my tunes for these off of previous tuning experience with hundreds of other cars. While the Duratec motors in these cars may be a bit different, I cant see them being THAT much different as to run a 13.0 or higher AF at WOT.

Hypnotic Illusions SCT Tuner/Dealer www.hypillauto.com
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
omg blahh blahh is all i have to say, read the prior posts and you will see that i said i will post dyno results soon and untill then noithing more needs to be said, i never said demon didnt know anything about cars, yes anyone that can run in the 13's n/a all motor has got to know thier stuff and i applaud demon for that and wish i knew as much as he did. anyways dyno runs are coming soon and the a/f charts will be done tomorow afternoon

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...

have you read HypIllAuto posts. Hes being very respectful of everyone, including adc. Theres only one guy here that is making an azz out of himself. I for one am very happy that there is another person on this board other than adc that can tune our cars, And from posts about A/F ratio's between him and demon, it looks like his tunes our gonna be more than safe. So please dont be a d!ck and give CEG'ers a bad name, Cheers.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard