Next Thread
Print Thread
#1304802 06/14/05 01:31 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Does anyone here go to the Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix? I know that most of the cars that are there are vintage, but there are usually newer ones. (Seeing a Porsche Carerra GT AND HEARING IT in person was quite an expierience last year I saw 300ZX's and RX-7's there last year too.) I'm not sure when it is but its always held at Schenley Park. Whenever it is, Saturday is british car day (car show) and race qualifying and Sunday is the race. I am always there every year. I dont think i will be there on saturday this year because my dad is selling his MGB so he wont be in the car show. I will definatly be there for the race though.

Let me know if anyone here will be there!

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
#1304803 06/14/05 11:53 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Nope , not going , although I've heard it's a really nice event . I've been to several vintage events , even to Watkins Glen in September . Now that's a vintage event ! We have a couple vintage cars that race out of our shop (boss' MGB , his bro-in-law's MGB , co-worker's Volvo PV544) , so there's always talk of vintage racing . Sometimes TOO much ! We do have a couple customers that go out to Pittsburgh ... just not us . Maybe someday .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
#1304804 06/14/05 12:25 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
It depends on when it is. I've talked about going with my wife, but it depends on what weekend it is. If I can make it, I'll let u know.
Scott

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
#1304805 07/10/05 12:01 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Next weekend. Anyone going?

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
#1304806 07/12/05 11:47 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
ill deffinatly be there!! been goin ever since i was a kid!

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
#1304807 07/13/05 12:04 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
awesome! We usually watch the race from the lower area... start/finish and the last turn (best spot IMO). However, I will also be there on Saturday for the British Car Day show and race qualifying. My dad will have his 1980 MGB LE there in the show (and also for sale!). I might nto be around the car all day as i want to check out the rest of the cars.

#1304808 07/20/05 12:31 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Hey I raced in it. My dad's 1959 MGA Sebring Coupe and an old Mini Cooper. Gridded 3rd, but never got to race because someone on the pace lap hit another car and the hit a telephone pole, and dropped wires on the groud. Anyway it was a great weekend. We had a red TVR 2500M in British Car day which won best TVR, and a supercharged MGB up there (which didnt win,lol). Anyhow, we should meet up sometime, I race a Form. Atlantic in SVRA and a Sports2000 in SCCA. We should go to a track day at BeaveRun, i instruct there, so I could most likely get us in for a free open lapping day or something. Let me know.

modded 99 SVT for sale. PM me or Email me at zapparacing@aol.com
#1304809 07/20/05 12:48 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by svtzap:
Hey I raced in it. My dad's 1959 MGA Sebring Coupe and an old Mini Cooper. Gridded 3rd, but never got to race because someone on the pace lap hit another car and the hit a telephone pole, and dropped wires on the groud. Anyway it was a great weekend. We had a red TVR 2500M in British Car day which won best TVR, and a supercharged MGB up there (which didnt win,lol). Anyhow, we should meet up sometime, I race a Form. Atlantic in SVRA and a Sports2000 in SCCA. We should go to a track day at BeaveRun, i instruct there, so I could most likely get us in for a free open lapping day or something. Let me know.

oh wow... i didnt happen to catch the TVR's there... and I didnt make it to the race on sunday but i did see qualifing on saturday. I probably saw you qualify... I actually did see your supercharged MGB and was looking at it for a while. My dads MGB was way down the line to the left of yours and i think was the only black LE for sale there. lol i was walking down the line of MGB's and i looked over and i was like, whoa, is that a boost gauge in that car? If my dad doesnt sell the car, i'm sure he will be back there next year... and if not i plan on taking my SVT to the show.

#1304810 07/20/05 12:56 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by guitarman19853:

oh wow... i didnt happen to catch the TVR's there... and I didnt make it to the race on sunday but i did see qualifing on saturday. I probably saw you qualify... I actually did see your supercharged MGB and was looking at it for a while. My dads MGB was way down the line to the left of yours and i think was the only black LE for sale there. lol i was walking down the line of MGB's and i looked over and i was like, whoa, is that a boost gauge in that car? If my dad doesnt sell the car, i'm sure he will be back there next year... and if not i plan on taking my SVT to the show.

Yep that's a boost guage. It's such a fun car to drive. On top of the supercharger, we equipped it w/ a T-5 transmission. I've got some cool pics of the cars, especially the TVR Tuscan racecar that we're building, but i dont know how to post pics...lol, oh well. Actually our B is for sale too. I was impressed w/ the show cars that showed up there! Like i said we should meet up sometime. I have a T-Red SVT too.

modded 99 SVT for sale. PM me or Email me at zapparacing@aol.com
#1304811 07/20/05 01:15 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by guitarman19853:

Yep that's a boost guage. It's such a fun car to drive. On top of the supercharger, we equipped it w/ a T-5 transmission. I've got some cool pics of the cars, especially the TVR Tuscan racecar that we're building, but i dont know how to post pics...lol, oh well. Actually our B is for sale too. I was impressed w/ the show cars that showed up there! Like i said we should meet up sometime. I have a T-Red SVT too.

yeha im up for meeting up sometime. its cool to see another t-red svt in pittsburgh. if you can post some pics that would be cool but its alright if you cant.

Link Copied to Clipboard