Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
In my grandfathers 98 mystique when the ac is turned on only the pasengers side gets cold air. Both of the sides blow air about equally hard. Could this mean the ac needs to be reacharged or could something be blocking it? It's a 98 v6 auto. Any suggestions are much appreciated as always.

Tony Datsenko
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Well for one thing, its not a re-charge issue. AC either works or it doesn't. It sounds like a "door" is stuck in the system. My wifes old Audi did that. Blew hot air to the outermost dash vents and cold air out the center. Highly annoying.

Somehow you're going to have to go into the dash a find the problem. Sorry, I know it isn't much help ...

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
hmm... anyone have a schematic of the ac inside the dash? Or have this happen to them and how did you fix it?

Tony Datsenko
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Ford has had problems on many of its models with the "blend door" actuator failing. The blend door is what determines the output temperature. It sounds like your blend door has broken, and some air conditioned air is going out the passenger outlet, while the other outlets are receiving ambient air.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard