Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Coming from the Contour, the clutch didn't seem too bad to me. Fortunately for '05s, the traction control can be turned off. I wanted to do the European delivery thing but couldn't swing this year. I'll probably do that for the next "R" car.

I just read this morning on autoweek.com that Volvo has an I6 that's going to debut in the S80 next year.
In 3L high-pressure turbo trim that will be used in the next "R" vehicles, it puts out 350hp,335ftlb. Apparently Ford is mum on it's use of the motor.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!

That's one hell of an upgrade...

The wife & I would be looking at a V50R if/when they release it. (hot wagon version of the S40)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!

That's one hell of an upgrade...

The wife & I would be looking at a V50R if/when they release it. (hot wagon version of the S40)

i thought you were looking at the 500. get both.

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
My old man has an s60 t5... and I love it, no its not an R.. but yes its still fun to drive, and for some odd reason, I love the sound of the inline 5's.. it like a combination of a powerful 4 cylinder with a tourqie v6 put together! LOL

1997 Civic CX (lsvtec,el frontend,fast, nuff said)
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Hey Demon,

At this point I'd only call it a 3/4 upgrade. The power,braking,and fit/finish/features are an upgrade. I'm finding the suspension to be somewhat of a disappointment. I've been spoiled by the BAT kit My well-connected-to-the-road suspension has been replaced with a computer-controlled mess. follow this thread for some more details. Rocky The Squirrel is alive and well in my car and I'm afraid Volvo's fix might make it worse.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you might be holding out for a possible V50R. I did read a rumour that it (S40R at least) might be a go for next year. I was thoroughly impressed with my sister-in-laws T5 S40. The ONLY thing I didn't like was that the gas pedal seemed too close to the console/transmission tunnel. Other than that, the car was perfect (except for no currently available "R" model).

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard