Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OutsidR Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hi Everybody,

I am new to the forums, but have been visiting the site frequently since I bought my first Contour SVT in 2003. I got to meet one of you guys, a former member (LoudNQuik?) AKA Jason and he seemed pretty cool. Well, now comes my question...does anybody here have a place they can reccomend going to, to get 3L Duratec engines? A specific junkyard that tends to have them, or a place where I can order rebuilt ones? I have the means to have it installed, so all I need is/are the engine(s). I am doing an upgrade out of neccessity rather than enthusiasm because apparently Jiffy Lube stripped the thread on my oil pan and inserted a temporary plug. (I replace my oil most of the time but at that time we had work being done on the exterior of the home) They just didn't tell me how temporary. So while waiting for the part I ordered to come in and driving both to school and to work, the plug fell out on my way from UPS in Laurel to my home in Silver Spring yesterday. You can probably guess how the rest of the scenario played out.

Any and all help you guys can provide will be greatly aprreciated.

Btw- You all can call me Dave, and it was my car at NOPI@MIR that one of the other members saw earlier this year. (as for the second engine, it's for a 3rd gen Taurus but it's not my priority). I also fully intend to prosecute the issue with Jiffy Lube if simple communication won't do.

Thanks in advance guys.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
We were the "other member" that saw your tour..nice ride ...we were camped out with the Nase PRWD Ranger group. As to engines we found an '01 Taurus complete w/19K miles for $350. Ron's A&B auto parts in Finksburg,Md.I believe that he has quite a few motors for sale...real nice people to deal with.They are about an 1 hrs. drive from your area (grew up in Silver Spring myself). Good luck

1998 CSVT E0 3L son's car - http://www.cardomain.com/id/svturbo 1998 CSVT E1 (Future 3L) daughters car Get in, sit down ,shut up, hold on
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
ford has them w/ warranty 3100 lol

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard