Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
It ain't the money. Believe me, just getting a new liner and having it installed is really cheap compared to having a pool put in. We would be getting good value.

It's more the fact that I can't make up my mind what to do. That, and, we need to refinish the deck, so a decision must be made NOW.

Pools only return about 10-40 percent of the installation investment in home value as a rule. Nothing close to the return you would get from a kitchen or a bathroom. Might be different in hot weather like you would have in Georgia.

Is for the liner, I do have a leak, and it is really badly stained. I have limited time to do stuff as it is (my house plus dad's house = next to no free time), and throw in my lack of experience, it is best for me to start fresh.

I would likely put it up for sale, and add in that the price would drop if the buyer were to come and get it and take it away.

Yet I love the concept of jumping in the pool on a hot day.

Just for information, I am leaning towards getting rid of it.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
spend the $800.00 cdn and fix it, trust me a pool makes the value of your home go way up i know it does here in georgia. i am thinking about a pool myself for my back yard, but where in my yard to put it its half the size of a football field

They don't have add value unless you buyer wants a pool. Above ground pools are usually moot points because if you don't want it they can be easily removed but if you do they are fairly cheap to maintain.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i'd say keep it, build your deck around it, and throw some lattice around the bottom of the deck. it will look great, and nothing beats jumping in a pool after working in the yard or whatever. plus, pool parties!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Ditch the pool and add a hot tub! Women loooove hot tubs!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I wouldn't put any more money into that. Just get rid of it! Buy something for the cottage with the money you would put into the pool. I've always though above-ground pools were nasty and tacky, kind of half-assing the pool thing.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Well personally I would love to have access to a pool in my backyard! To just be able to go back there, layout, and jump in the pool anytime I want to...But to each their own. You gotta weigh the options...are you ready and willing to put forth the time and effort in upkeep? Would you actually use it? Do you have kids? Or friends w/ kids? Good entertainment to have a pool. If answer to all of that is no, then would be a good idea to get rid of it...if after that you decide you want to take a dip, go to Walmart and buy one of those $20 "pools"

01 Cougar Sport - Dark Shadow Gray "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." LB&RB
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Davo:
I wouldn't put any more money into that. Just get rid of it! Buy something for the cottage with the money you would put into the pool. I've always though above-ground pools were nasty and tacky, kind of half-assing the pool thing.

Thats true but there is a HUMONGOUS price gap between the two. I tried takling the parents into getting an in ground but it was like 20k more!

- Tim
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
spend the $800.00 cdn and fix it, trust me a pool makes the value of your home go way up i know it does here in georgia. i am thinking about a pool myself for my back yard, but where in my yard to put it its half the size of a football field

I've actually heard that is not true, that a pool does not really enhance a home's value much. Maybe in some areas, like "Hot-lanta" though...

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Get it fixed so we can have a pool party Phil!!!

Harry

Focus SE Sport Wagon (the wife's) Mazda3 (mine)
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by mean'tour:

I've actually heard that is not true, that a pool does not really enhance a home's value much. Maybe in some areas, like "Hot-lanta" though...

In-ground pools do. Above-ground not really.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard