Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I did a search and didn't find any info so...

I am about to replace the front sway bar end links. I bought the end links from Napa (part # 265-2229).
The shop manual says I need a ball joint removal tool. Napa has a few different sizes in stock.
Do I need this tool for sure or can the job be done another way? If I need it, what size do I get?
I've never done this kind of thing before. Any tips or pointers from those who know what they're doing?

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You don't need it.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P

I got one just in case. I didn't really need it to disconnect the links, but it was useful to apply leverage to the sway bar so I could get a socket on the lower end of the passenger-side end link.
The new end links I got were huge compared to the originals.

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard