Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
If this has been discussed before, forgive me and please point me to the thread. I did a search and nothing came up.

Ok, I just bought my first music CD with Sony's copy protection. How do I crack it? I am not going to be spreading this music all over the 'net - I just want to make non-DRM lossless wma's (320kbps mp3 would be ok, I guess), and I don't want to install their stupid software either! Man, this pisses me off.

I googled it, and there is amazingly very little info out there.

Thanks in advance,

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
try somethink like DVD4free or the one with the fox, I forgot the name of it. They usually have a small file or CD music also. I'm a slob and if I take my CDs in the car with me I always wind up losing them or scratching them...

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
AnyDVD is the one with the Fox icon in the tray, that is what I use. You can find a crack pretty easy...er I mean you can pay for it pretty cheaply.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Thats not the one that got abandoned is it? Where you just had to color over a small ring on the inside with a Sharpie?

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
man there is so many things you can do ...

Use CDRWIN 3.9 and dumb the CD into a BIN file , Then open the BIN file with winiso and extract the music ... I can do it is 15 seconds ! send it to me !!!!! If you need any other help PM me , I can tell you in more detail how to do this , There is at LEAST 20 programs that will do it .

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I dont even know why these companies bother with copyright protection. They have to realize that someone out there will figure out a way around it and then post how to on the internet.

- Tim
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Your right , I know a few people in Russia that LOVE the challenge , They will sit there day and night trying to crack things . Just like the new cable boxes !! Dude in the UK made it so you can change the address of the box cloning it to a legit one , thats some hard MIPS coding

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Eric L:
Thats not the one that got abandoned is it? Where you just had to color over a small ring on the inside with a Sharpie?

Sorry for bumping this thread. This is the first time I've been able to check the thread since I posted it.

Thanks to all for the tips. I'll look into the BIN method.

No, it is not that old protection. Here is the Sony info on it:

LINK

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT

Link Copied to Clipboard