Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1296826 06/06/05 10:15 PM
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by tbarney:
I think I found my own answer, does this seem accurate?

linky no workie

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
#1296827 06/06/05 10:16 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I have a mechanical gauge, no problems, it won't leak at all if you do it right, i had a shop do mine because i didn't know where to mount it but they did a very good job, plus if it ever des leak they get to clean and repair it for no cost.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
#1296828 06/06/05 10:38 PM
T
tbarney Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
link works fine for me, does your ISP block AOL content?

I didn't write it, so don't yell at me about the all caps.
anyways, here is what it says for INSTALLING OIL PRESSURE, AIR/FUEL, AND VOLTS
ITEMS NEEDED:
-1 A PILLAR GUAGE POD(WWW.GUAGEPODS.COM)
-3 GUAGES (SIZE 2" 1/16) ANY KIND YOU WANT MAKE SURE THEY ARE PHANTOM WHITE FACED TO MATCH YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL..NOTE* IF YOU ARE GETTING THE OIL PRESSURE GUAGE MAKE SURE ITS ELECTRICAL.(WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM)
-EXTRA WIRE (GET AT LEAST 5 FEET JUST INCASE....)
-ALLEN WRECH I DONT KNOW THE SIZE BUT YOU WILL NEED IT FOR THE OIL PRESSURE GUAGE SENDER.
- FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVER.
- PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER.
- PLASTIC SPLICER.
- EXPOSED WIRE COVERS.

INSTALLATION

STEP ONE : REMOVE THE OLD A PILLAR FROM ITS PLACE USING A FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVER BEING REAL CAREFUL NOT TO DAMAGE THE PILLAR SINCE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PUT IT BACK ON ONE DAY.

STEP TWO: MAKE SURE PANEL IS CLEANED AND YOU HAVE A CLEAR PATH TO RUN WIRE DOWN THE PILLAR.

STEP THREE: OPEN EACH GUAGE ON THE BACK AND TAKE OUT THE BULB YOU CAN PLACE A RED/GREEN CONDOM THAT COMES IN EACH GUAGE BOX OVER THE BULB FOR AN ADDED CUSTOM COLOR IF DESIRED.

STEP FOUR: ARRANGE YOUR GUAGES IN THE ORDER YOUD LIKE TO SEE THEM ON YOUR PILLARE AND INSERT THEM INTO THE PROPER SLOT. NOTE* IT WILL BE VERY TIGHT MAKE SURE THERE IS NO WHAT AROUND THE OUTSIDE AND ALL THE WHITE IS HIDDEN BE SURE NOT TO USE TOO MUCH FORCE**

STEP FIVE: PLACE WIRES IN THE SMALL SPACE TO GET THROUGH THE FIREWALL AND INSERT POD TO THE A PILLAR.

STEP SIX: SCREW THE TWO SCREWS ON THE POD INTO THE PILLER AND MAKE SURE ITS A TIGHT FIT.

STEP SEVEN: INSERT THE SCREW HIDERS THAT COME WITH THE POD.

STEP EIGHT: RUN ALL THE WIRES IN THE DESIGNATED HOLE THROUGH THE FIREWALL KEEPING IN MIND WHICH ONE GOES WHERE NOTE** PLACE A DIFFERETN COLOR STICKER ON EACH WIRE TO TELL THEM APART.

STEP NINE: TAKE THE STICKER OFF AND RUN YOUR VOLTS WIRE TO ANY 12V GROUND WIRE OR TO THE BATTERY.

STEP TEN: FOR THE OIL PRESSURE THERE IS AN ALLEN WRENCH SCREW ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BLOCK CLOSE TO THE THROTTLE BODY(ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE THROTTEL BODY) YOU WILL SEE TWO OF THEM YOU CAN REMOVE THE LOWER ONE WITH THE ALLEN KEY.

STEP ELEVEN: SCREW SENDER IN BEING CAREFUL NOT TO SQUEEZE THE HOUSING TOO MUCH THERE I A VERY SENSATIVE COIL INSIDE THAT CAN BE DAMAGED.

STEP TWELVE: NOW YOU CAN RUN THE WIRE FORMTHE FIREWALL TO THE SENDER AND PUT IT IN PLACE.

STEP THRITEEN: TAKE THE LAST WIRE FOR THE AIR/FUEL RATION AND RUN IT ACROSS THE BACK OF THE WALL TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE, THERE BY THE STRUT TOWER YOU WILL SEE A GROUP OF WIRES ONE IS A WHITE WIRE WITH A RED TRACER LINE.

STEP FOURTEEN: CUT THE WIRE AND INSERT ONE END TO THE SPLICER ANS THE OTHER END TO THE OTHER END OF THE SPLICER, YOU CAN ADD THE GUAGE WIRE TO THE SPLICER ALSO.

STEP FIFTEEN: CLEAN UP AND LOOK AT YOUR FINISHED WORK MAKE SURE THAT YOU INSTALLED EVERYTIHNG CORRECTLY AND SAFELY. NOW YOU CAN TURN YOUR CAR ON TO SEE YOUR NEW GUAGES IN ACTION

*** DISCLAIMER!!- THE AUTHOR OF THIS INSTALL GUIDE ISNT RESPONSIBLE FOR POOR INSTALLATION OR PROBLEMS OCCURING BY THIS INSTALLATION(WHICH UNLESS YOU PUT THE WIRES IN ALL WRONG YOU SHOULD AHVE NO PROBLEMS)
Source:http://members.aol.com/samplewon/apillarguageinstall.jpg

Thanks to fellow CEG member svttour for having this link in his signature.

99 Sport ATX 1 owner, 94k Mobile 1 since 1k Mods:Sony MD Player, Sony XA-300 expansion unit, Sony CD Changer, XM Radio, 350Watt Alpine Amp, 2 10" Subs, Remote starter, glow gauges, K&N filter,OMP Front STB, SVT Exhaust(no res.)
#1296829 06/06/05 11:35 PM
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
oh, thats from svttour eh? between that and the instructions from the kit (and maybe a few other comments found here with a quick search), you shouldnt have any problems. i used the two. look for an old install thread that i brought up as well.

sams how to uses the location in the head. the head is much easier to get too, but is less accurate than the one behind the AC. i may move mine eventually ( i used the location in the head under the TB) when im under there anyway. the plug behind the AC is much harder to get to, but is a much more accurate location.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
#1296830 06/10/05 02:37 AM
T
tbarney Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Anyone have a picture handy of the spot by the a/c compressor where the oil pressure sender would attach? I haven't looked yet, but I'd hate to get out there to install the gauge and not be able to find it.

99 Sport ATX 1 owner, 94k Mobile 1 since 1k Mods:Sony MD Player, Sony XA-300 expansion unit, Sony CD Changer, XM Radio, 350Watt Alpine Amp, 2 10" Subs, Remote starter, glow gauges, K&N filter,OMP Front STB, SVT Exhaust(no res.)
#1296831 06/10/05 02:54 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
When you get down there you'll see the stock oil pressure unit, there is an allen plug in the block underneath that...

Ryan Trollin!
#1296832 06/10/05 11:11 PM
T
tbarney Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Quote:

Poster: RTStabler51
Subject: Re: oil pressure gauge

When you get down there you'll see the stock oil pressure unit, there is an allen plug in the block underneath that...

I took a quick look while I was installing my STB and saw this plug. It looks like it is sealed with a red washer. Is this the right plug to put the sending unit in? To help explain the pic, I am standing on the drivers side facing across the engine looking slightly down. You can see the last little bit of the flex hose for the air intake on the left of the pic. Sorry to be such a pest on this, but I'd hate to pay somone to do it if I don't have to.

#1296833 06/11/05 05:14 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I'm not sure exactly where your pic is pointing, but i'm pretty sure that's the plug in the head? That's the one that is going to be underneath your TB. I know i have mine reading from there but it gives insanely high readings at cold startup. Since the "Accurate" location is BEHIND the a/c i'm pretty sure you won't be able to see it from the driver's side as the a/c pump and everything else is on the passenger side.....

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
#1296834 06/12/05 04:47 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
if you want inaccurate readings sure you can use that and many do (mostly for the electrical gauges). Again, if you want accurate behind the a/c compressor, below the stock sending unit.

Ryan Trollin!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard