Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
klfdl Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
The temperature gauge is pointing to the extreme right, after having overheated, replaced the thermostat & waterpump.

Does anybody know the exact name for this sensor?/sendor?/something for the computer? to make the temperature gauge work properly? It seems every parts counter I call tells me something different with a variety of prices from $11.99 - $50.

Ray - how do you deal with an airlock?

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Try removing the cap on the resevoir, allow the fans to come on (after it warms up) and draws some air in to the system.. see if any bubbles work their way out to the resevoir during that time.. You could also try to massage the bubbles forward through the hoses, or flush the system completely, and start fresh.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
My temp gauge was stuck pegged after overheating, even with the engine OFF. I unplugged the temp gauge sensor, found the old sensor had shorted, a new sensor fixed that after the gauge "decided" to unstick from the hot position. Just unplug the black plug that is attached to the brass device right below the throttlebody, to the right of the waterpump in this image: duratec
If you unplug it, the gauge will stay cold until you replace and connect the new sensor.

K
klfdl Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Ray, I flushed the rad at least 3x before settling on filling it up with new coolant, etc. It appears to be ok now except for the gauge still pointing to extreme left & the fans being very very loud when they kick in. But maybe thats been due to the abnormally hot/humid weather we've had over the last few weeks. Thanks to you guys, my repair cost $150 for a new waterpump & some coolant & have managed to put on 600kms since (instead of putting in a $3000 motor as I was told at the garage)

I'd like to thank all of you guys, esp Ray for all of your input... I really appreciate it. This site has been a tremendous help to me.... Now I visit it regularly to see what else I can learn. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

ps "knock on wood"

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard