Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Glad to hear that Jeff. You've been working on this for us for 2+ years.

Thanks,
Bruce

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
is it possible to get one's hands on an OEM set of gears?
if not, when can we place orders...

update: I'm a re-re, I found all the previous posts about having to replace the entire unit and so forth. I'm just anxious cause I have my sunroof motor dismantled on my desk here at work...

Last edited by FattyB iLLin; 06/08/05 12:45 PM.

Former owner of a 1998 SF CSVT
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by FattyB iLLin:
is it possible to get one's hands on an OEM set of gears?
if not, when can we place orders...

update: I'm a re-re, I found all the previous posts about having to replace the entire unit and so forth. I'm just anxious cause I have my sunroof motor dismantled on my desk here at work...

Email Jeff and ask him.
http://www.odometergears.com/

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
man, i don't want to hound Jeff, but I'm more than anxious to hear these are complete!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Give em' time. When he posted last time.. he said a couple weeks... "couple weeks" is sometime this week.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
which is why i'm so anxious!!!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Ok heres the deal, I just got off the phone with Jeff. He's sending me one of the prototypr gears to test before he goes into full production. Since I'm gonna be all over the country it'll be a good test for the gear. I'll keep you all posted with my opinion of the gear. Just thought you guys would wanna know what going on with it.

2000 svt #2103 of 2150 AEM short ram, B&M short shifter, no resonator 18" Enkei RS7's, 30% tint, C-27 front bumper
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I installed my gear on Friday evening. Running smoothly so far. I'm certainly trying to hurt it. So far, so strong.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I just want a sunroof...

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I check the www.odometergears.com website every few weeks to see if there is an update. For those who haven't been yet there is now a FAQ page for our project here .

I signed up to receive updates and here is the response I got:

Quote:

Thank you all for the interest. I have just about completed my waiting period to make sure the first samples were good. Everything looks to be perfect. I have several gears in Texas and a few in the North. All working perfectly. In a perfect world, I would say I will have them in two weeks to sell in large numbers but probably I will need an extra week the way everything is going with other projects. I have a few molds to run on the machine first which usually isn't a problem but I am waiting on a few parts to fix the injection machine. I will send out another notice once the gears are ready. Feel free to post to the CEG board if you like. I should be 100% ready in three weeks from today. The cost will be $65 plus $4 for mailing with Priority Mail. Anything overnighted will be at true cost via Fedex. Just ask.

Jeff Caplan
Odometer Gears LTD
757-593-3478

So there you have it folks. It looks like this is finally happening. I want to thank Jeff for all of his hard work the past two years or more to make this happen for us.

Darren '98 Mystique LS -Duratec, MTX Nakamichi CD-40z, Knauberized, KKM tru rev intake, 9MM Motorsport Wires, SVT Springs/Struts
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard