Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
June 11th 2005 will be the 3rd Annual CJMF Car / Truck Show at Raceway Park NJ, Englishtown NJ.

Will be from 9am-3pm.

My SVTC is to much of a daily driver to compete in the show, but it would be nice to see more then the usual 3 or 4 contours show up for the show.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
so are we in ford subcompact?

or are we just not invited =(

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
so are we in ford subcompact?

or are we just not invited =(

For now subcompact class, in with the Foci. If we get enough the class will have a good chance at being split up.

But in the past we have had less then 10 Contour's and Foci combined. So it was never worth it to give them their own classes.

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Just an FYI, but Englishtown raised the prices and failed to tell us a head of time. It's now $12 to get in and not $10 like on the flyer.

I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
I'll be there with the SVT to check things out.

Won't be in the show but she'll get a nice wash and wax before hand anyway.
I don't think it's listed on the website, but the NE Supra meet will be there that day too.

Last edited by ishss; 06/08/05 05:51 PM.

'99 Contour SVT - #519
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ishss:
Won't be in the show but she'll get a nice wash and wax before hand anyway...

Why not?

I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by captainoblivious:
Won't be in the show but she'll get a nice wash and wax before hand anyway...

Why not?

Unfortunately the previous owner didn't take great care of it. The paint is good, but there are a few "blemishes" that bother me(Comtemplating a paint job). Also the rear passanger jack point cover is missing (on order).

'99 Contour SVT - #519
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Who is doing the judging reason i ask is because my brother in law has a 1998 Saleen Explorer that is in showroom condition....add ons are carbon fiber hood from Saleen.....Recaros.....carbon fiber trim.....roots type S/C.....and painted calipers.....

We entered a ford show at E-town and they put him in a class with a riced out expedition that had a FUGLY paint job and a $10,000 sound system with fur as interior and like 22 inch rims.....they gave this goof the 1st prize trophy
Which to me was a slap in the face if you owned a ford.

He belonged in a complete different class.

So how are you setting up the trucks????

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition Blue Steel 99 Tropic Green SVT (Former Owner) #151 of 710 Born on 10/07/98 Have you driven a FRAUD lately?
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C

Unfortunately the previous owner didn't take great care of it. The paint is good, but there are a few "blemishes" that bother me(Comtemplating a paint job).

LOL, same here. Although, I also had a ebrake didn't lock incident which didn't help the rear bumper

Originally posted by Slimshady:
Who is doing the judging reason i ask is because my brother in law has a 1998 Saleen Explorer that is in showroom condition....add ons are carbon fiber hood from Saleen.....Recaros.....carbon fiber trim.....roots type S/C.....and painted calipers.....

We entered a ford show at E-town and they put him in a class with a riced out expedition that had a FUGLY paint job and a $10,000 sound system with fur as interior and like 22 inch rims.....they gave this goof the 1st prize trophy
Which to me was a slap in the face if you owned a ford.

He belonged in a complete different class.

So how are you setting up the trucks????

What show was that at? I think I know the Expedition. While not the nicest looking one, the guy put in lots of work and the finish was top quality but laking taste.

Anyway, the contest is judged by club members. I'm not sure who is doing it this year, but usually it's a range of 'new to judging' to very experienced judges. I'd imagine it would be the same this year. They go buy a list of things to look for such as cleanliness, body condition, interior, etc.

The problem with classes is that not enough non-mustang and non-lightings show. So you have things like Foci and Contours combined in 1 class because there will be a total of less then 10 (ie last year we had 5). Or Expeditions and Explorers are grouped together, sometimes with F150's/F250's.

This year it looks like a lot more people are planning to come out and we have been promoting big time. So hopefully it will better. The more different vehicles that show the better the classes can be split up and the better the winners can be chosen.

Also, if the Saleen club shows as they said they would, your cousins Explorer might go into that class then.

Just come out and have fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard