Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SVTake2 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I figured out why my 3l Didn't start and it was the last thing i wanted it to be. The timing is off on the rear bank of cyls. I did have the front cover off to check if the pulse wheel was on correctly but I'm not sure if I will be able to adjust the timing with the engine still in the car. Has anybody done it before? I know it says in my Haynes manual that the engine should be removed.

98.5 Black contour // A.K.A. Frankenstein 3L Oval port swap W P&P // SVT UIM, LIM, & Cams Torsen LSD // Dual Friction // KKM // Poly Mounts // ?Mystery Mod? // Actually Running! 205 hp @ 6500RPM 180 tq @ 4250RPM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Yes it can be done. Not for those who are green however.

98 Black SVT~ The most logical statment I have ever heard was by a local mechanic. "Everything is somewhere."
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
why are you following the haynes manual instead of the Ford Tech CD?

Cougar V6 MTX: GMK Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake : SVT UIM : SVT LIM : SVT TB : MSDS Headers & Ypipe : TruBendz 2.5" Borla Single Exhaust : Soild Front Motor Mount : & more
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I've fully assembled a contour motor in car TWICE, it can be done and it really isn't much different than doing it on a stand, you just have to stand up and squat down a little more often.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
S
SVTake2 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:

I am mostly following the Mitchell Ford CD but I also read over the haynes manual.

I finished most of the work last night, I just need to take the valve covers and front cover off. It seems like there will be plenty of room to adjust the timing chain.

98.5 Black contour // A.K.A. Frankenstein 3L Oval port swap W P&P // SVT UIM, LIM, & Cams Torsen LSD // Dual Friction // KKM // Poly Mounts // ?Mystery Mod? // Actually Running! 205 hp @ 6500RPM 180 tq @ 4250RPM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SVTake2:
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:

I am mostly following the Mitchell Ford CD but I also read over the haynes manual.

I finished most of the work last night, I just need to take the valve covers and front cover off. It seems like there will be plenty of room to adjust the timing chain.

Make Sure You Have Your Paper Clip On Hand To Release The Tension On The Timng Chain Tensioner...

E&J And Coke.....Mmmmmmm...

Last edited by Pale Horse; 05/27/05 09:21 AM.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard