Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1286010 05/24/05 04:53 AM
P
Pope Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I'm getting really tired of my current employer, so if anyone has a line on a good job on the N. side of Grand Rapids, let me know.

I'm a college student in need of something flexible, that works between 30-40 hours a week and pays at least $8.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
#1286011 05/24/05 05:47 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Best Buy

Working for them now, they treat me like a family member in Schaumburg BBY

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
#1286012 05/24/05 11:38 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I worked for BB, I loved the people but the managers were total [censored] knobs. The management is put under so much stress that they pass it off on the lowely sales person. Then most of the customers are shite and expect someone making $8.75 to hang on every beck and call. I got tired of being threatened with being fired when I missed on a PSP or didn't get Anti-Virus on a computer pkg. That being said, if I every need a job in the US at that level again I would prolly go back, every job like that sucks but atleast the people are usually cool.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
#1286013 05/24/05 04:43 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Pope:
I'm getting really tired of my current employer, so if anyone has a line on a good job on the N. side of Grand Rapids, let me know.

I'm a college student in need of something flexible, that works between 30-40 hours a week and pays at least $8.

you live in Rockford?

Not sure if you mind sitting on the phone all day but my parents own a telemarketing company named Quancor in Rockford. You might have seen them on T.V for giving so many jobs to the community. Let me know and i could get you an oppurtunity.... $8 an hour is usually minimum depending on how you sound and your experience... they are really good people and treat the employees well. They make the most fun out of it as possible....

Last edited by svtProdigy; 05/24/05 04:45 PM.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
#1286014 05/24/05 06:25 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
I got tired of being threatened with being fired when I missed on a PSP or didn't get Anti-Virus on a computer pkg.

Well, that is how Best Buy profits, and keeps the Geek Squad busy
Also avoids customer complaints, when a Customer brings me a broken PC, and I say "Ok we have to send this to the service center for repair, did you purchase an extended service plan?" And I get asked "Wtf is that?" Customer wont be pleased, and might consider another place to shop. So honestly I could see where the BBY you worked at came from.

Now the management at the BBY I work at, they are very nice, and if I do mess up, they talk to me about what I did wrong, and how I can improve. Not threaten me with firing, Maybe GS has more respect with managers

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
#1286015 05/24/05 10:12 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
keep an eye on Spectrum Health There is a button for "Career Opportunities" toward the top in the middle. It gets updated all the time. Plus the next budget year is almost here, July 1, and there should be some more openings.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 2001 Mercury Cougar
#1286016 05/25/05 03:31 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by ContourKev:
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
I got tired of being threatened with being fired when I missed on a PSP or didn't get Anti-Virus on a computer pkg.

Well, that is how Best Buy profits, and keeps the Geek Squad busy
Also avoids customer complaints, when a Customer brings me a broken PC, and I say "Ok we have to send this to the service center for repair, did you purchase an extended service plan?" And I get asked "Wtf is that?" Customer wont be pleased, and might consider another place to shop. So honestly I could see where the BBY you worked at came from.

Now the management at the BBY I work at, they are very nice, and if I do mess up, they talk to me about what I did wrong, and how I can improve. Not threaten me with firing, Maybe GS has more respect with managers

Yes but when I offered the PSP and told them all that it covers and they still did not go for it then I had done my job. I did everything they told me to do and they still took me aside and told me I "could be replaced". I love BB but still a manger taking me by the "scruff" of my neck is a bit much. I had a manager take me by the back skin of my neck and pull me aside and tell me I should start looking for work elsewhere. This is even after I told him the name of the person, why they didn't want a PSP, and how I offered eveyrthing by the SOP. Frankly speaking if your store is not doing great (322, Melrose Park never does well because we compete with two other stores which are better, one is a P5.5 or P6 store with all modern racks and demos) then the managers are on your back all the time. We changed sales managers every six months and the area manager only kept his job because we did well compared to other departments. You over there in you high profit shop have nothing to worry about, it was us at the medium stores with little demand that had something to worry about.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
#1286017 05/25/05 04:54 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
im with pope

came home from college and got a job at meijer and quit cuz its incredible bull****. and only 6.70 an hour.

anyone know of anything else. pope i dont know if youve checked the sunday grand rapids press or mlive.com but i looked and there isnt too much and no one wants to hire just summer help. circuit city says they are hiring but i havent heard back. maybe i just need to go in and find out whats up

" 90 percent of all chevys are still on the road. The other 10 made it home " 98 se, 2.5 V6,black,ATX Cleared and silverstared, Hella Optilux, resonatorless, Kumho ECSTA 716s and Dunlop SP Sport A2s
#1286018 05/25/05 05:21 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
we just hired like 5 interns for the summer. I think they are making 10.10 an hour.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 2001 Mercury Cougar
#1286019 05/25/05 07:23 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
hey I know this is a little far away, but it pays good, I work at the Target warehouse in Kalamazoo, its either 36 or 40 hours a week, and base pay is $13.43 plus either a 40cent or 1.15 per hour shift premium. I have been there nearly a year and its a pretty good place to work. I hear they are supposed to be hiring more people in the middle of june, if anyone is interested send me a PM and ill keep you posted on when they exact hiring dates are,

mj

Mike C T-Red 99 csvt #490 No longer a dailer driver
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard