Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
It's a large plastic piece, sort of a band that spans from pillar to pillar. Does it just pop off? Screws? Clips? I've had a few coins stuck in there for more than a year now, and they slide back and forth--annoyingly.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I think that's your defrost vent louvers. Just pry it out, carefully and press it back in.

99 csvt amazon green/tan pre-98 sail panels pioneer sound 72K mi
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
No there is screws in there. One of them is sticking out about 1/2 inch, and because of the slant of the windshield, I can't get a screw driver in there. Really irritating. Should unscrew (offset maybe???) and pop off.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
That's interesting. Mine popped out right after I bought the car new cuz the dash was warped. Dash replaced under warranty after three trips to the dealer - they ordered the wrong one twice.

99 csvt amazon green/tan pre-98 sail panels pioneer sound 72K mi
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by left-lane louie:
I think that's your defrost vent louvers. Just pry it out, carefully and press it back in.

Not if you have a 98 or older car. They have a different defroster design than what you're prob. thinking of. The panel is not removable. Thats why these older dashes dont warp. As for getting the coins out, I haven't a clue without removing the whole thing.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by EuroAntiBananaTour99:
Originally posted by left-lane louie:

The panel is not removable.

Crap, there's got to be a way!
I need to get mine out so that I can repaint it! Previous owner used something abrasive on it and rubbed off some of the paint I think...

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It can't be removed. The entire dash can be removed but not the strip.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard