Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
Okay, here is my problem. 99 SVT. I should start out by saying that I have applied the moosing fix that is listed in the Common Problems FAQ. The throttle hang is definitely better, but the moosing is still there. I will also say that it only occurs after the engine has warmed up. It happens as soon as I start to let off the clutch and quits at between 5-10mph. Also the weather is quite warm (70 degrees). This doesn't sound like the problem described in the FAQ, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try the fix. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what could be causing this? I just recently replaced the suspension with the BAT European Handling Kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Shaun

Proud new owner of a 1999 Ford Contour SVT
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
You did the TH fix, but you may have to play with hole sizes as not all cars like the same plug hole size.

Originally posted by The FAQ:
For the SVT, or a car equipped with the SVT intake, the optimum hole size in the plug seems to be 3/16" or 7/32". For the stock intake, the best size seems to be 15/64".

I tried all 3 and still got the moose.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard