Next Thread
Print Thread
#1279769 05/17/05 10:28 PM
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
my car has yet another electrical gremlin.

symptoms
--------------------
cd player - doesn't work...
amp - doesn't work...
omnifi dmp1 - doesn't work...
in dash clock - doesn't work...
keyless entry - doesn't work...
pats(the light at least) - doesn't work...
sideview mirror adjustments - doesn't work...
interior lights - doesn't work...

that's all I've been able to notice so far, I'm sure there's more.

I checked all my fuses a few times over, and can't seem to find any of them at fault, even though I replaced a couple.

I know I remember hearing something about a maxifuse, but I just couldn't find it.

anyone have any clue what I can do????

98-98.5 Silver Contour SVT short shifter Panasonic HU 2 12" MTX 8000's MA Audio mono block amp homemade box
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
check the main fuses in the engine bay....thats the only thing that i can think of.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Radio
Interior
F32 7.5A
F34 7.5A

Remote amp Front
F25 20A

Keyless Entry
F32
F34
F20

Interior Lighting
F34

Footwell lamps
F34

Power Lock control Relay
F25

Power Mirrors
F34

In the Central Junction Box (CJB)
See a common occurance? F34, F32, F25, F20, are the only fuses to be affected, but the odds of them ALL being bad? slim to none.

I am trying to locate a Battery Juntion Box (BJB) fuse, or relay that is linked to all of these.

What other symptoms, if any, do you have?

Does the car start? Run? Try to start? Any CELS? horn work? I will keep looking, and I would suggest letting us know if it starts at all.. that will narrow it down significantly. Even still, start looking at the main engine fuse box for a blown fuse (though I am actually thinking it is more like a common connecting rod, or bar of some kind (UNDER the main fuse box) that powers a set of fuses.. like 5 per rod, etc.. and THAT connection is bad, causing five or 6 MAIN fuses to be bad, thus affecting multiple interior fuses... Like I said, let me keep looking, while you reply if the car runs, etc.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
the car starts and runs, I'm not getting any warning lights, horn works

this thing has me just about stumped, but I really really don't want to take it in anywhere as electrical problems are terrible at car shops, they overprice so much, and they need a ton of labor normally

98-98.5 Silver Contour SVT short shifter Panasonic HU 2 12" MTX 8000's MA Audio mono block amp homemade box
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
bumpity bump...

does anyone have any clue as to what this could be? so far I'm baffled, and I have work tomorrow which kind of requires a car

unfortunately if I do have to bring it somewhere, there's a good chance I'll end up selling the SVT shortly after.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard