Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I could not find a post on this subject, Does anyone know what the AMS button on my factory ford stereo does? When I press it the screen says "Tune" but I cant get anything to change. This has perplexed me for awhile. Thanks

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It changes the "Seek" buttons to become "Tune" buttons temporarily. (Instead of searching for just a strong signal, you can fine-tune to a particular station that doesn't have a strong signal.)

Press "AMS", then press seek up or down to see what I'm talking about.

M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
if a casette tape is in and you hit fast forward it will sense when the song your ff ing is over .might work with reverse .didnt try it. ams is automatic music search.

95 contour se 52000k electric red
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I would like to point out that our NEWBIE Coheed has presented a question that has NOT been asked before!

Congrats to you, Coheed! You are an upstanding example that ALL newbies need to follow.

Man, I wish there where more threads like this! Such a refreshing experience!

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
automatic music search. with tapes it'll ff or rr to the blank spots in between songs. not sure about during radio function

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Amplitude Modulation Stereo??? It does exist on some AM stations!

Col. Bill Evans CAF (ret) 98 Contour GL Zetec ATX (totally stock) Color-Willow Mist 104,XXX Miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I never knew it had anything to do with the tape deck .. haha ...

As per my post above, my family and I have had four cars with four different renditions of this tape deck (my PGT and my dad's '93 Taurus had the electronic eject; my Contour and my dad's '98 Windstar had manual eject, etc) and all of them used Seek-to-Tune when pressing AMS.

I wish I had known this when I used the tape decks; it would have made skipping songs a whole lot easier

C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Ahh! Thanks for the Info Guys! I love the community here. Considering I havent listened to a tape is ohh? 10 years? I guess it makes sense why I have no idea it worked on the tape. The AMS for fine tuning radio is great bit of info Thanks "98 SE"

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard