Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KKSPORT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
I would like to add Keyless Entry via a keychain remote to my 95 Contour SE. It came with power locks, but not keyless entry from the factory.

I stopped by the local Ford Dealership to see if they could verify through the VIN if it came with keyless entry. If it did, all I would have to do is buy a remote and have it reprogrammed. The Service Manager turned the key "On" and "Off" ten times in a row to verify if it came from the factory with keyless entry. She stated that the power locks would "lock" or "unlock" if it had keyless entry.

So, my question is, where is the transmitter located in the car so that I can buy one from the local junk yard? I figure that I can install the tranmitter to the power locks system, buy a remote, then have it reprogrammed to match the transmitter.

I guess that I'm getting too lazy to use the keys all the time!

Any assistance would be appreciated!

1995 Contour SE, Duratec V6, 5 Speed
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
just look behind the glove box, if oyu have keyless entry the module would be there, then all you need is a remote

search troubleshooting as I have posted pics of the unit under the dash behind the glove box and there are programming instructions in the faq

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Behind the glove box????? Mine is located on the drivers side by the hood release latch.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
the stock keyless entry module is located behind the glove box next to the pcm

if it is on the drivers side it is most likely aftermarket or a Ford ad on, but for SVT with it standard that doesn't make sense, unless it has an ad on factory alarm

Last edited by brapple; 05/09/05 03:16 PM.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Nope, mine is factory and is located under the drivers side. Did the 2000's maybe have the moved?? Strange, I was under there a few days ago to snip the red/black wire on the keyless module to elimate the headlamp flash. If that wasn't the keyless module, then whatever I snipped worked.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard