Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Pretty Generic Question Really....Can The Bushings And Pins Be Had Seperately From the LCA Assembly?? Signature Lincoln Ford Looks As If The Only Way To Attain These Is Buying The Assembly...Am I Correct???

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
thats right

1999 SVT removed res FMS 9mm metal impellar Koni struts PG Xenon 6.5 MSDS Y-pipe
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You searched? I don't believe you.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Replacement bushing availability?

It all depends on which rr control arm you're referring to. There are 3 per side on our cars - 1 longitudinal and 2 lateral. I know that you can buy replacement bushings for the longitudinal arms (I've done this job) and IIRC they're the same bushings used for the toe control arms. If it's the main lateral arms, which are the forward ones formed of a stamped, open at the bottom, "C" section they must be purchased as an assembly.

Don't worry about the bushings on the toe control arms as the metal bends way before the bushings go!

If it's the longitudinal ones, you'll need a hydraulic press to replace the bushings. Or you can go with the ES poly kit, but I found the bushings too harsh and removing the old rubber ones is real smelly/messy.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
ES Makes A Poly Kit For The Front Control Arm BushingS????
Shows How Much I Know....Do You Have A Part Number/????

Never Mind I Reread The Post And It Now Makes Sense.......

Last edited by Pale Horse; 05/09/05 12:03 AM.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard