Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
Bad Roger... Bad

I've driven two...MT and AT. A [censored] to park let me tell ya...you need those little mirrors...aside from that...I'd rock one.

I mean...granted I walked one on M1 but who cares.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
yeah man - good choice! dont let the haters get to you - the crossfire looks TIGHT on the road!!!

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
As far as the car goes, its pretty cool. Pretty quick. However, after being in the csvt, I can't really see you goign to a crossfire. But if you like the car thats all that matters. Its not really my business, but I was looking at MSRP, and for that amount of money I'm curious as to why you didn't look into a used 04 cobra, or WRX STi. I would have liked to see you get the Mustang, but good look with the Crossfire.

TPC Northville, MI 2002 - Pitch Black Focus SVT (Red Trim) Steeda Short Ram Intake 5% Tint All Around 98 Contour SE Zetec ATX - *RIP* @ Charity Motors
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Quote:

Pete, are you sure they were racing you Let me run some numbers by you real quick, 0-60 in 6.5 and the 1/4 mile in 14.9@96 mph. I know that numbers don't tell the whole story, but in the short time that I've been in the car and with even giving it 3/4 throttle so far (owners manual says NOT to use full throttle right away) and not being broken in yet, I'd say it would take out a stock CSVT or SE w/MTX.

As far as the Crossfire SRT6 goes, well, I don't know what the lease deal was, didn't even ask but should've, but that thing runs mid 13's at about 107 mph and with 330 hp its very believable Someone earlier said something about getting rid of the CSVT to get the Crossfire and I think everyone knows that wasn't the car original intent, it just happened that way. Also the used Cobra , well as awesome as the power is in that car, its old news now that the 05' is out, (no offense to anyone with one) well, to those lucky enough to win the "Ford lottery" and got one I believe in this "everything happens for a reason" and the reason I wasn't able to get the Mustang is yet to be determined!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I drove one at the chrysler test track, and it really handles was well as they say. Only drawback is the terrible automatic trans.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Quote:

Only drawback is the terrible automatic trans.

Automatic, whats that

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Quote:

Pete, are you sure they were racing you Let me run some numbers by you real quick, 0-60 in 6.5 and the 1/4 mile in 14.9@96 mph. I know that numbers don't tell the whole story, but in the short time that I've been in the car and with even giving it 3/4 throttle so far (owners manual says NOT to use full throttle right away) and not being broken in yet, I'd say it would take out a stock CSVT or SE w/MTX.

As far as the Crossfire SRT6 goes, well, I don't know what the lease deal was, didn't even ask but should've, but that thing runs mid 13's at about 107 mph and with 330 hp its very believable Someone earlier said something about getting rid of the CSVT to get the Crossfire and I think everyone knows that wasn't the car original intent, it just happened that way. Also the used Cobra , well as awesome as the power is in that car, its old news now that the 05' is out, (no offense to anyone with one) well, to those lucky enough to win the "Ford lottery" and got one I believe in this "everything happens for a reason" and the reason I wasn't able to get the Mustang is yet to be determined!

It was a three honk...once you break it in we'll go to the track...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
not too bad, I wouldn't mind a crossfire, for the money I have other choices I'd take but that's my personal preference. My friend's a porter for a mazda chrysler place and he said it handled well but wasn't quite as good as the rx-8(one of my dream cars, my other friend has one). he also said the craftsmanship was kind of sloppy, but not worse than other cars on the road today.

as long as you like it, it's the best choice for you

98-98.5 Silver Contour SVT short shifter Panasonic HU 2 12" MTX 8000's MA Audio mono block amp homemade box
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by amarv12:
It's not so bad....if you never look at the back half of it.

Definitely agreed!! Congrats on the new ride!!! Those things are sweet. Just don't look at the rear. There's definitely room for improvement there! The front looks hot though!!! Hope Ford gets the Stang issues sorted out!

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Take that awful-looking engine cover off. It's like an engine toupee.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard