Print Thread
#1261242 04/28/05 03:53 AM
D
Desiato Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
I am concerned about sounds coming from rear seat area of my 1995 Contour LX V6 Auto 155K KM. When I start the engine, I often hear a squeeking that sounds as if it's coming directly under the rear seat. The squeeking goes away after around 5 seconds and is replace by a dripping sound that seems to be getting progressively louder. I first noticed this issue early february 2005. I have also noticed a slight lack of power, but it's possible that's my imagination. The car is practically stock. I have attempted to show mechanics, but the issue doesn't occur when they're around.

I usually listen to music, so it's possible that this issue has occurred for longer than I thought.

As a new driver it's also possible that I'm just unaware that this is normal and that there's nothing to worry about (wishful thinking?)

Any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Other issues and recent maintenance history:
Intermittent CEL light code 172
worn front pads and warped rotors
fuel and brake lines replaced January 2005
Rear struts replaced December 2004

M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
I'd suggest you remove the rear seat, carefully lift off the round rubber seal over the fuel pump, turn off the music, start the car, look & listen. With these two items removed you should definetly get a better read if the noise if coming from the pump.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard