Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I am having a trans. problem with my '99 svt that I'm pretty sure is a bad throwout bearing (not sure what it means but this is the 2nd time it's happened).

Anyway, I would like to get a recommendation on where to take it. I live in the extreme northern tip of Loudoun County, so Leesburg VA, Frederick MD and Harper's Ferry WV are all about 10-15 miles away.

Thanks in advance.

'99 Contour SVT
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You might hit up Dan G. for R&R....

Ryan Trollin!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
If it is the slave cylinder (TO bearing is integrated with the slave cylinder) then the powertrain needs to be pulled to get to it. While you're in there, a nice lightened flywheel and SPEC Stage 1 clutch would make nice add-ons! The SPEC combo kit includes everything- slave cylinder, flywheel, clutch disc, and pressure plate. Easy! I would quote between 18-24 hours of labor for everything, but I charge half of what shops do (usually- Depends on the work).

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard