Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
P1151 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2.

Change upper bank 2........
Since that's the code you have.

That's the tough one, but if you put your car on jack stands it's easy.
Crawl under and you can reach up to the top of the bank.
I've done it using jack stands and on a hoist, going from the engine bay is brutal.

Don't just jack the car up, it's not safe, as you'll be using force to loosen the O2.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
A
ashills Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
This is the one I see everytime I change my oil right?

Thanks Andy

A
ashills Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Ok I think I figured it out.

O2 sensors
Bank 1 Sensor 1-FirewallSide- Access behind coil pack
Bank 1 Sensor 2-FirewallSide- By oil pan drain bolt/plug
Bank 2 Sensor 1-RadiatorSide- Above oil filter
Bank 2 Sensor 2-RadiatorSide- Below oil filter

M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
Ashills, Mdillian3690, ProjectSho89.Obd2guy & Chongo.
Great set of posts to illustrate how this forum can help work through a problem. Especially Chongo the photos were great. Which brings up this question. Many posts are for CEG'ers looking for this sensor or that sensor. Do we have a library of photos by engine...or ias this just a dumb idea..
Great Job!

A
ashills Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
No, I think its a great Idea, there needs to be detailed pictures on the website at the FAQs sections. I already thought about getting a hold of the website onwer.

Later Andy

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by mikesanjose:
Ashills, Mdillian3690, ProjectSho89.Obd2guy & Chongo.
Great set of posts to illustrate how this forum can help work through a problem. Especially Chongo the photos were great. Which brings up this question. Many posts are for CEG'ers looking for this sensor or that sensor. Do we have a library of photos by engine...or ias this just a dumb idea..
Great Job!

Thanks and your welcome.
I've been using the photos in threads for years and a search would've turned up them up too.
What happens in many help threads is people change there websites so pics don't show up anymore.
I leave mine alone so you can always see them.

Most of us have service manuals or at the very least a Haynes manual so no need for a whole area.

If you looking for a service CD todras sells em. Check the classifieds for his ad or PM him.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
A
ashills Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I have a Haynes manual and quite frankly I am not that happy with it. Just don't seems up to par, some pictures are so dark I can't see anything, I can't find some referenced pictures and some information is "beyond the scope of a DIY manual" which makes me a little upset.

I have gotten 10x better info of this web page than the Haynes manual.

But it is nice having a second reference and being able to bring the manual out to the car.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard