Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
NHT Super Zeros serve as my computer speakers temporarily.

Sub isn't finished yet, but it will probably be my Shiva powered by the Mitsubishi amp (between the turntable and Mitsu preamp/tuner). The Allied Tube amp on top of the preamp powers the NHTs.

For the money invested, it sounds pretty good.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have a Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 system with complementing Audigy 2ZS Platinum (7.1-capable) sound card. I love it for looks but once getting it I noticed it's slightly lacking in the midrange - music sounds ever so slightly muffled, like you're listening to it from speakers (rather than feeling like you're actually in the room with the singer). The sub isn't low enough to thump your chest but it's definitely more than adequate for my ears. Tweaking through the Creative sound card apps help the sound a lot - with the tweaks I love the speakers.

Friend of mine has a Yamaha home theater amp with 5.1 speaker set. I don't know the model, but it sounds absolutely stellar, just what I had been looking for. He uses the optical out on his G5 (can't remember if it's a separate sound card or included on the comp) to connect.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I get to play, I get to play...

Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
JVC RX-703V Digital Audio Surround Sound Reciever
4x Accoustic Research Studio Recording Transducer SRT-170
100w Fender Bassman - if extra thump is needed or the foundation must rattle.
TASCAM 6 track digital recorder
JVC 5 head VCR

I've collected many things over the years...

Man you should see my entertainment center.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
My actual computer speakers are Yamaha YST-MS30

They look similar except mine have a good 6 years of use on them at this point, still sound pretty impressive though!

At this point I primarialy use:
-Nakamichi AV-8 (functioning as a pre-pro)
-Carver AV505
-PSB Century 500i (2x)

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have the Altec Lansing ADA880. Awesome speakers for the $80 I paid for them. The sub hits hard and the main speakers sound beautiful, even at full volume. If these ever die I will be replacing them with the exact same set.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

TASCAM 6 track digital recorder

I've collected many things over the years...

Man, it seems like Demon's into everything I am (and more)!

Except I just picked myself a 1/2" reel-to-reel 8-track recorder. Everything gets recorded onto tape, and then transferred to the computer after most of the tracks get filled, then bumped down. So much easier than straight to the computer like I was doing before.

As for computer speakers, I go digital out from my Audiotrak Maya44 to a Kenwood Receiver, and then to a pair of home-made speakers. Another Kenwood Receiver from the outputs of the first drives a pair of full-tower Sonys, and my B&W 201s. Also have a home-made 12" subwoofer connected to the first receiver.

I never understood computer speakers, unless you're using them to play games with. Most of the ones that people say sound good are just extremely bassy.

Last edited by ottawanker; 04/27/05 06:41 AM.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by g r y m e s:
I have a set of Logitech Z-680s. I dig them. They'll rock harder than your grandaddy and that's always good.

I need to get a 4-channel sound card so I can make use of a set like this.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I use a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers with my computer and they have just amazing sound and more volume than I could ever want. They start shaking the pictures on my walls at about 1/4 volume with the sub at the same level.

Totalled 99 SE Sport 03 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T APR DPP 93 Octane chip
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard