Next Thread
Print Thread
#1246305 04/14/05 03:00 PM
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
First I'd like to thank all of you for this site. It has saved me countless hours, not to mention$$$$$.

My daughter has a 95 Countour 24OHC. Her fuel gauge has been stuck on full for some time, moving only slightly as the fuel level drops. Fuel pump just died, I replaced it. Thought that would solve the problem, it didn't. I was very careful when replacing to ensure the float was not hung up on installation. Any ideas before I remove the gauge itself?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
the problem is ither a bad guage, a bad sending unit or damaged wiring,

i bet its a bad sending unit.

you should post this in troubleshooting if you want more responses

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Thanks for your response, as a newbie I didn't know I posted in the wrong place...I've been checking daily for a response, and just figured no one had any idea about my issue.
Thanks Much, I'll try troubleshooting!

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
my car does the same ,did get an aswer?

1999 black svt K&N Drop in filter SHO Shop Y-pipe Custom Exhaust no resonator and 2 sebrings http://photos.yahoo.com/aramrios fog light fix side markers blue B&M short sifther
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Not yet, but I posted it on the troubleshooting board and I'm hopeful, someone must know this stuff. Check that board and you can follow the problem solving. I will let you know though what the answer is, I'll get this thing fixed.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Very common problem.
My car had its unit replaced twice under warranty as it failed. I can pull the reciept when I get home and get you the part number, it's an SVT though.

Just let me know.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard