Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Just to let you guys know my I have a fuel return system since my car is a 96 so I am using the tours fuel rail. But I already have a fuel pressure gauge but if anyone wants my focus rail....

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Woohoo it runs and runs well. I am so happy to have it back together. Seams to have more power then the stock tour motor but definately not compareable to my previous setup

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Am I reading this right? You did a complete, trans-platform engine swap in 3 days?!?!?!

Damn man, it took me.......*counting to myself, I'm old*.......something like 4 days to assemble mine and I still had the block in the car.

YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by D Davis:
Am I reading this right? You did a complete, trans-platform engine swap in 3 days?!?!?!

Damn man, it took me.......*counting to myself, I'm old*.......something like 4 days to assemble mine and I still had the block in the car.

YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!

All I can say is write a book so that I can do my car next..lol

Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
THANKS I am grinning ear to ear right now. I did the swap for under $500 including the engine hoist rental, fluids, sparkplugs ect. The plugs were too expensive at $4.49 a piece for motorcrafts at autozone, they are a different plug then the contour ones.

Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
That is really impressive, man, good job and hopefully we'll see your work at a meet soon!

Paul's NEW '01 Focus ZTS 45k miles and counting! K&N drop-in and Silverstars
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
nice job! Lightning fast too! So can you do a 3.0L swap that fast? haha if you can, we're gonna start lining up! haha Have fun with your new Focus/Contour Hybrid!

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
so what about your old head? you didn't use it did you? I don't think those are swapable. Well not a straight swap anyways...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
It looks like I sold the head from the old motor to a local guy. He is the one who is gonna take a video of it starting up ect.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard