Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Speaking of gas prices, its getting rediculous on the price of just fuggin' regular! Let alone premium....Oh I cannot wait for the day just to come down to atleast $1.85 a gallon again!

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by gotapex:

None of you should feel badly at all. My Duratec's lugging around 800 less lbs, and i'm still getting like 14 mpg.

I feel really bad for you. In fact, since I am such a nice guy, I am willing to - that's right - trade you straight up, car for car. I get 29 mpg, and have for the last 10 years. I know this is a great kindness on my part, but I just feel bad for you, and want to share the wealth. You can drop off your car and take mine anytime.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
14.3 MPG!! Have you done ANY maintenance on your car at all? I have never seen less than 19 MPG, and that's in the dead of winter when it's 0 degrees outside ...
Around 22-24 MPG now that it's warm again.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I would recomend you check out your rear brakes, specifically that the parking brake is releasing all the way. I did the parking brake TSB and went from around 18 to about 28 mixed driving.

Also, air filter, oil change, cat, plugs and wires!

don't drink and drive.
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
I had a 1984 chevy truck with a 350ci and a edelbrock carb and dual exhaust that almost got that for mileage! I'd prolly cry if my car got what you are gettin... My tour gets 25-27 depending on driving conditions. (99 SE ATX 2.5L 75K)

Silverfrost 99 SE Sport ATX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
It is near time to change my oil. I need to wait to friday to get paid to have enougn money for filter and oil. Yeah my gas mileage still sucks I know that! haha. I also want to check the o2s to see if one of them is just crap! Also Going to replace fuel filter. And yeah I do maintance on my car! haha no worries. My Tour hasn't gotten good mileage(18.X was highest). But I do alot of hill/city driving.

How do you check if an O2 sensor is working? And which one does the fuel/air ratio? That is the one I want to check.

Also what happens if the EGR valve itself is clogged? wouldn't that set off a CEL? And do I need a gasket if I take it off to clean it? And what do I clean it with. Help me get back the Mileage! haha

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Yeah, my 99 SE Sport 2.5 MTX gets around 25-26mpg in city, but that doesn't help much when I'm driving back and forth to school, and almost every day back and forth to work...about 48 miles a day, may not seem much to you, but to me (18 year old highschool student getting paid 5.25 an hour) 48 miles a day SUCKS!

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Originally posted by gotapex:

None of you should feel badly at all. My Duratec's lugging around 800 less lbs, and i'm still getting like 14 mpg.

I feel really bad for you. In fact, since I am such a nice guy, I am willing to - that's right - trade you straight up, car for car. I get 29 mpg, and have for the last 10 years. I know this is a great kindness on my part, but I just feel bad for you, and want to share the wealth. You can drop off your car and take mine anytime.

Awesome, mighty kind of you.

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Eek....I was smothering because my car had dropped to 26-27mpg on work drive..was getting 27.5-28 on road trips. Back up to 31.5 after new tires though. I need some front end work and fuel pump screen cleaning and then should be good for awhile ( I hope !! )

2000 SE Sport 2.5L MTX Harvest Gold Stock except for K&N RU-3690
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard