Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I'm trying to think of the last time that I was impressed.

Background information:
I'm not a P-I-M-P and I'm not that cool. I guess I'm a "player," though. I don't get attached and I don't see the point of monogamy at my age. I don't sleep around, but I do get play from several girls at a time. I don't normally care what they do in their off-time or who they do it with because goodness knows I'm not maintaining any semblance of faithfulness. This isn't to say I lead anyone on. There is always an understanding that I'm not exclusive with any of the girls I'm "with," and they don't ask questions and neither do I. None of the girls know anything about anyone else I hang out with and I keep them very separate and away from each other.

But dating is easy. Girls are predictable. Even if they don't like me or they're "out of my league" (LOL), they still always do the same things. You have the lazy ones and the rambunctious ones, the flirty ones and the prudish ones. The easy ones and the ones that think you need to do something to deserve their affection. They're all the same.

Enter my problem. I don't have anything AGAINST monogamy if it's the right girl. I just haven't found anyone who could possibly be considered the "right" girl in a very long time. All the girls I meet are able to be strung along in some fashion and I'm always the one in control. I know what to say and how to compliment and how to kiss ( ) and how to keep them coming back once I get them. I haven't found anyone in a long time to take MY breath away.

That's beginning to bother me. I'm not losing sleep over it, but I find myself wondering when that will change. Keep in mind that I'm twenty-five with a full-time job, money, nice car, culture, etc. and I'm surrounded with younger girls. Even still, some of them MUST be special. I just haven't found any. Even before I came to school, I was never swept off my feet.

Lately, I seem to know EXACTLY what I want in a girl and in anything resembling a relationship: thoughtfulness and spunkiness, decision-making abilities and a desire to look and act nice. Someone who will surprise me with flowers when I don't expect anything.

Maybe I'm setting my sights too high given my current environment. Maybe I'm actually beginning to grow up. I doubt it. I just wonder what happens when no girl you meet is special anymore. Keep looking?

Cliff's Notes: Chicks are predictable and no one really "stands out" in the crowd. Is this all I have to work with??

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Yup. Keep looking. Or not. Won't matter. Then one day, when you're not looking, it'll hit you like a freight train, and you'll know she's the one.
Till then, play on! As long as you are up front with everyone, it's a reasonable attitude to have at that age.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by infuryum:

Lately, I seem to know EXACTLY what I want in a girl and in anything resembling a relationship: thoughtfulness and spunkiness, decision-making abilities and a desire to look and act nice. Someone who will surprise me with flowers when I don't expect anything.

I knew it - you're a lesbian!

Honestly, you and ALIAS need to balance out each others mojo or something!

He's got none and apparently (if I can believe you) you've got a lot!

Last edited by Stazi; 04/08/05 06:20 PM.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I'm trying to think of the last time that I was impressed.

Last time you were impressed? You haven't seen me for a while have you!!

My suggestion? quit dating, quit looking, and get on with your life. Don't worry about it, pray about it, but don't seek a mate out. She'll pop up at the right time/place...

Put your trust in God and believe that he will bring your wife to you when it is time for it....

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
My suggestion? quit dating, quit looking, and get on with your life. Don't worry about it, pray about it, but don't seek a mate out. She'll pop up at the right time/place... Put your trust in God and believe that he will bring your wife to you when it is time for it....

See, that's just it. The last thing I want is a wife or a committed relationship. I don't seek anyone out. I just run into them, but they're all the same. I'm just wondering what happens when the time comes. If I'm jaded now, what happens then?

I guess, yeah, I've heard that she'll just appear out of nowhere and knock me on my butt. I just don't see it happening.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
... Someone who will surprise me with flowers when I don't expect anything.

Uhhh, I think your describing a sensitive "GUY" Josh.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Keep looking. Never, I repeat NEVER settle! Take it from a divorced guy who did. It was the best and worst decision I every made in my life. On the upside I have 3 great kids who have made my life better then I ever thought it could be. On the downside I have an ex-wife who thinks she can still run my life, only it's by phone now and I pay her.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Stazi:

Honestly, you and ALIAS need to balance out each others mojo or something!

He's got none and apparently (if I can believe you) you've got a lot!

I was just going to recommend you start some training classes and save Alias a front-row seat.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Just when you least expect it, WHAM! You're married with children, driving a minivan while picking gummy bears off your elbow.

...Oh wait, that's my life.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I would agree with 99sesport (though I don't take such a religous look on it, but no disrespect at all). Part of the problem is that you are both trying too hard and too frequently (being a man-whore ) and that you are looking in the wrong places, so to speak.

The chicks you are messing with now, who don't care about what you do, aren't the girls that are looking to make a life with someone now, so of course they don't look like anything you want to spend your life with. It's hard to explain this from typing, but I think thats a pretty good explanation.

When you are ready to settle down, those will be the girls you will start to attract, and thats when you will find what you are looking for in a life long partner.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard