Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I've had this problem with my car for a couple of months and was wondering if anyone could help me out.
The noise is coming from the passenger side of the engine on start-up and is very irregular. It would happen on a cold start one day and on a hot start (like after filling with gas) on other days. When it does occur, if I rev the engine it will get louder too, but if I let the car idle for a minute it will go away. I'm wondering if it's the alternator because the noise is coming from that area.
Also, my keyless entry is not working so good either. I don't know if they are related or not. I press the button to unlock/lock and nothing happens for a couple of seconds, then it will unlock very slowly. Sometimes not at all. I've tried my other remote with good batteries and it still does the same thing. I'm at a loss.
Any help would be great.

'99 Silver Frost.SE.V6.MTX Drop-in K&N / Masked rear Reflector st200/Eibach / SVT E1's FMS Wires / ES Rear Bushings
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
are there any other signs of the alternater...dim lights, anything like that? could be the belt...maybe a bearing in the altermanator...maybe

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Yeah, maybe the serpintine belt? Only like $30 to fix, and can't hurt, especailly if you haven't had it done yet.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
No, the lights an such are still strong. I'll give the belt a shot and see what happens. There is over 180,000 kms on the car, so it might be time don't you think.

'99 Silver Frost.SE.V6.MTX Drop-in K&N / Masked rear Reflector st200/Eibach / SVT E1's FMS Wires / ES Rear Bushings

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard