Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Just a couple quick questions.....and I have used the "search button"....Came home today, everything was running smooth. Was leaving to run to the store, put it in reverse, (working fine), got out of the driveway, put it in drive and nothing. I had to put it in "1" and it barely crawled up the driveway. I know it will be said to get the "codes" for it...here's the thing, no "cel". Have read archived posts on what could be the problem, but it sounds like I'm gonna have to pull the tranny completely to find out what the problem is as I have no "codes" to go by.

Any suggestions?

Any and all advice is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------
'97 Tour 2.0 ATX (blown tranny?)
'95 Stique 2.0 MTX

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The codes that they are talking about are not a CEL. The O/D light will flash instead.

It sounds like how my trans died, only it did it slowly (a month). When I pulled it I still had overdrive and reverse.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
There a possibility it could be a sensor by any chance? Just went out and checked, and the O/D light is off.....

This is not what I needed this week....

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
The O/D light will only flash when that happens. As soon as you turn the car off, the codes are cleared and the light stops flashing. Try changing the ATX fluid to start off with.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard