Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I was stopped at a light and I gunned it, 1st gear was no problem but when I put it in 2nd it paused and started bucking. I through it in 3rd and it seemed fine. At the next light the exact same thing happened and my rpm needle was going nuts. Then my car just died and I had to push it off the road to safe place. Anyway I thought it was out of gas and went to the gas station. I only filled it with a gallon of gas but my car was on an incline and i'm not sure if that was enough. It still didn't start and it only cranks. Its a 2000 SVT and it only has 52K miles. Any thoughts you guys.

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
C
C
clutch could've went, chard teeth off flywheel any noises when you try to start it? Fuel pump, sending unit

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I am no mechanic but it could be a muffler bearing. Also might want to check your blinker fluid.. LIKE I SAID, IM NO MECHANIC .....

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I got 40k and something similar happend to me last month...ended up being the clutch. A $grand$ later, I am now dealing with a power steering leak.... gotta love these cars sometimes...

98.5 SE 2.5L MTX - TruBendz Borla, Green Filter, SVT F/R Bumpers, E1's 95 SE 2.5 MTX - Full SVT Body w/Mirko, GC + Konis, Omp, KKM, SVT pipes, E1's, Paint Mods/Pics
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SVT25:
I am no mechanic but it could be a muffler bearing. Also might want to check your blinker fluid.. LIKE I SAID, IM NO MECHANIC .....

blinker fluid..oh I have a story about that

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I would try to see if you have any CEL codes.. also any particular noises you had while it was doing this.

Recent activity, or maintenance that was done before this happened?

simple things first: gas (you said yourself you don't know if it was enough.. add more..) fuel filter replaced lately? (doesn't explain a no start, but hesitation, sure)
check for spark, fuel and compression.. I would assume good compression, since it was just running...

Let us know any of these other items of info so we can further help you.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
had something very similar happen to me a while back on my 99 svt. Did the car sorta feel like you were running out of gas? Mine ended up being the fuel pump, it should probably throw a cel if it is though. Try getting that car on flat ground and adding a bit more gas, i found that adding gas stimulated the fuel pump sometimes even though i had more than half a tank in it anyways.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Don't park on hills with almost no gas. The fuel pump cannot pick up the small amount of fuel is it is all sloshed one way or the other when parked on a hill. If you do this often, you will burn your fuel pump out. Try getting more gas in there like said. It might be too late for your pump though.

2000 Contour SE
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Well I don't think that its out of gas because I just went and got the car on level ground and it didn't start up. It has a little less than a quarter of a tank of gas. When the car died it didn't make any noise and it doesn't make any strange noises when i'm cranking it up. I also hooked it up to another car with jumper cables and it didn't start. Do you think it still might need more gas? Or maybe the fuel pump? Thanks for the input guys.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Also I just had my oil changed a few days ago at Jiffy Lube and they also did an engine flush and changed the manual transmission fluid. Could they have messed something up?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard