Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1235081 04/04/05 02:01 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I have a 95 contour gl 2.0 l zetec. new plugs, wires, coil, iac. And it still chuggs at full thortle and take off. I have had the codes ran but noone can seem to tell me what the porblem is. Take off is fine if I full thortle it but the i have to back off rite away. the codes I don't even have anymore. cell pops on and off runs the best when it is warm. not cold but not normal temp. Please help....

#1235082 04/04/05 02:09 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
If the CEL is flashing at times, that is a misfire on one or more cylinders.

This could also be felt as "chugging"

Misfiring is caused by lack of fuel, spark, or compression.

As another option, perhaps the fuel pump sock is clogged causing jerking at WOT..

Search in to both misfiring, and the fuel pump becoming clogged

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#1235083 04/04/05 02:30 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Ray:
If the CEL is flashing at times, that is a misfire on one or more cylinders.

This could also be felt as "chugging"

Misfiring is caused by lack of fuel, spark, or compression.

As another option, perhaps the fuel pump sock is clogged causing jerking at WOT..

Search in to both misfiring, and the fuel pump becoming clogged

Ray

try changing teh filter, starvation of fuel causes teh car to lose power dramatically in the higher rpms

get ur fuel pressure tested, if ur presure drops off fast u may have a bad fuel presure regulator maybe even pump (not sure how many miles u have on it )

was it doing this b4 u changed all that, if not maybe u mixed wires, gapped the plugs incorrectly

these cars use coils right? maybe u have a bad coil causing a cylinder misfire, even tho its highly unlikely it could happen

yes bad compression would be a problem , do a leakdown test

a leaky injector will cause it to run really crappy to , u can take ur fuel rail off and turn ur key until the pump primes (dont turn on) and c if an injector is leaking

how about 02s how many miles on those?

those are just suggestions on what u should check along with what he said above

bobbyd

Last edited by bobbyd; 04/04/05 02:32 AM.

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit
#1235084 04/04/05 02:41 AM
C
OP Offline
C
bought it at the begining of march to replace one I cracked up. It has 94K miles on it isn't noticeable at all time is the wrost when really cold out or been driving it for a couple hours. With the injectors chage the o rings? Could it be the tps or egr? Can hear a missfire but the goes away but still acts up. Only does this when in gear.

Last edited by contourracer9582; 04/04/05 02:45 AM.
#1235085 04/04/05 04:47 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by contourracer9582:
bought it at the begining of march to replace one I cracked up. It has 94K miles on it isn't noticeable at all time is the wrost when really cold out or been driving it for a couple hours. With the injectors chage the o rings? Could it be the tps or egr? Can hear a missfire but the goes away but still acts up. Only does this when in gear.

tps and egr can also cause this , if an injector is leaking yeah change the orings,

its just a process of elimintation

u can find out if teh tps is bad by taking it off the car and bringing it to autozone , they will test it for free, they did it for my SS

egr will usally throw a code and so will the tps

at 94k many things could be goign wrong , a little more info would help out in fiding ur problem , its a little late rigth now otherwise id try to think of more things to look for , ill try to help more tomarrow

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard