Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
80 views and only 1 person has replied? This repair isn't asking someone to split atoms, I would think there would be more than 1 person on this board w/ enough car knowledge to help me out w/ this. Can someone give some assistence as to a better descriptin of what this thing looks like, color or harness/wires, this part in relationship to, how to take it off to replace,etc. There are a few things that i think it could be so more clarification would be apreciated.

God, that's messed up. There's plenty of people on here that could help more than I have.

I say try starting a whole new thread in the Duratec Maintenance section. That might work.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
80 views and only 1 person has replied? This repair isn't asking someone to split atoms, I would think there would be more than 1 person on this board w/ enough car knowledge to help me out w/ this. Can someone give some assistence as to a better descriptin of what this thing looks like, color or harness/wires, this part in relationship to, how to take it off to replace,etc. There are a few things that i think it could be so more clarification would be apreciated.

If I had an SVT I'd take a picture.

Take it into a shop and have them fix the problem. It's only $100 parts & labor to replace the Vehicle Speed Sensor.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by TronX:

If I had an SVT I'd take a picture.

Take it into a shop and have them fix the problem. It's only $100 parts & labor to replace the Vehicle Speed Sensor.

$100 bucks!!! Buy one and do it your self for under $40.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
ya Im trying to save some change and do it myself...I can get 1 for around $40 and replace it myself so idealy thats what I'd like to do. I've been driving around for about a month w/out a speedo, its starting to get anoying.

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
That's your call, does not look like anyone is jumping in here to help though.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
ya Im trying to save some change and do it myself...I can get 1 for around $40 and replace it myself so idealy thats what I'd like to do. I've been driving around for about a month w/out a speedo, its starting to get anoying.

Tell ya what. If no one helps out today, then when I got home tonight from work I can try and take some pictures of where it is.

That is if I can find it myself since it's been a while.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Tell ya what. If no one helps out today, then when I got home tonight from work I can try and take some pictures of where it is.

That is if I can find it myself since it's been a while.

Thanks alot CSVT1214, I apreciate it. Ya there are several things that plug into or around the right side of the engine/tranny so it is kinda throwing me off. Pics would be great so I can see what it looks like and what it is in relationship to. You can PM me the pics if u'd like

thanks again.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
If you take pics please post them online or PM me as well, I am having the same issues.
Thanks alot
-eric

98 SVT Stock for now
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
CSVT1214, still waiting patiently for the pics.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard