B
bigerik Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by GapBoyPCS:
I have D2S bulbs...

The one thing that some Silverstar owners have had in the Focus is the wiring harness and/or housing melting. I'm not sure about the Contours, but as with anything that uses a higher wattage than originally specified, you do run the risk of that happening.

As for other stuff getting warm, I think that happens with a lot of Ford cars. Our Topazes and my Focus get warm around the climate control and radio areas when the headlights have been on for a bit.

Thats weird about the harness melting. The Silverstar should not do that. All it is is a Xtra Vision bulb with a light blue tint. Should not draw anymore than a standard bulb. Weird.
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I'm still on my cheapy 9005 in low sockets from last year. They work fine but I'm thinking of trying Silverstar 9005s in the low socket.
And ya the 9005s made a huge difference.

95 Contour GL 2.5L ATX Minor mods
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
If you want to try the silverstars 9005s, i still have a pair still in the package that i no longer require.

Let me know.

Ken

2004 Mazda 6 Sport Hatchback, Silver 90 Mustang GT (DECHed)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
How much would those HIR 9011's cost at a Toyota or Chrysler dealer? If they can be modded to fit, they would help with those back-road drives to the cottage. Seeing deer early is better than seeing them up close and too late.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
B
bigerik Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVTKEN:
If you want to try the silverstars 9005s, i still have a pair still in the package that i no longer require.

Let me know.

Ken

Hi Ken
Been dying to try some Silverstars for ages. Please let me know if they are not spoken for!
Thanks
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Originally posted by bigerik:

Let me know.

Ken

Hi Ken
Been dying to try some Silverstars for ages. Please let me know if they are not spoken for!
Thanks
Erik

Ahem, Classifeids or PM's gentlemen.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
B
bigerik Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by mbb41:
Originally posted by bigerik:

Let me know.

Ken

Hi Ken
Thanks
Erik

Ahem, Classifeids or PM's gentlemen.

Sorry! My enthusiasm got the better of me. PM Sent!
Erik

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I won't actually be doing any changes until my school semester is done ... no time to open the hood now even. Eric if you put in the 9005 Silverstars we'll have to compare.

95 Contour GL 2.5L ATX Minor mods
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by cawong11:
I am using the Xenon Super Plasma's from Eurolite. I like them, but that's personal taste.

Originally posted by chongo:
Mr. Wong was unloading some Xenon bulb Eurolites.
There ok, but I will go back to the high/low mod when they blow.

I would like to retract my statement about the Xenon bulbs, now that I've repolished my headlights.
It wasn't the bulbs it was 5 months of buildup on the lenses.
I can see clearly now!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
B
bigerik Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ContourChris:
I won't actually be doing any changes until my school semester is done ... no time to open the hood now even. Eric if you put in the 9005 Silverstars we'll have to compare.

NP Chris
Would love to see how they would compare. I will do it. Should make for a great test.
Erik

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard