Next Thread
Print Thread
#1226356 03/26/05 01:26 AM
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Hello, can anyone give me an idea of how much a reconditioned engine for a 96 Zetec 2.0L GL automatic would cost. I've pretty much run out of patience with mine, it's just one thing after another. The radiator on my car went south, and now that I've got a new one it seems that it may have been a little too late as the water pump may have gone and I may have cracked the head. In checking the labelling on my car I found out that it was manufactured in Mexico. I know that production of Contours has stopped, but I'm assuming that it should be easy to get parts or even an engine there. The reason for mentioning Mexico is because I live in Belize and it would just be about an hours drive to the Mexico/Belize boarder. It's probably a long shot since I realized that all of the CEG groups are US based, but if anyone could provide me with a name or number for the plant or dealership in Mexico it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.
Kevin

Green 96 Contour GL ATX 2.0 L Zetec 16 V
#1226357 03/26/05 07:45 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
The 2.0 Zetec is used in cars still manufactured, today. Dealerships, for one, would carry them(there are others). Also try junkyards if you feel more risky..

EDIT: Signature Lincoln Mercury provides CEG members with a 33% discount. parts counter express

Contact Steve Mullins there...

Also, Tousley ford in Minnesota gives a 50% discount, through the SVT performance plan they have there.. though I am not sure if they will restrict sales to ONLY SVT parts, or not.. you may get 50% off any list price if you just reference the plan.. I simply called and said, "I heard that you have a discounted SVT plan you offer?" and they said sure, what part you need?.. just try that, and say "a whole engine... 2.0 zetec.. etc etc"

Steve
Tousley Ford
1-800-328-9552

Ray

Last edited by Ray; 03/26/05 07:49 AM.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard